Ch. XLVII

The Other Side of Oneself

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gemma's eyes furiously glared at the Mediterranean-style brick home from across the street in her parked car

Gemma's eyes furiously glared at the Mediterranean-style brick home from across the street in her parked car. She had been sitting in her car for the past ten minutes to get her mind and words together before talking to the woman who owns the home. With a heavy sigh, she raises the cigarette butt to her lips, inhaling the smoke once last time before throwing it into the road and exiting her car.

Gemma places on her leather jacket before grabbing her purse and making her way to the home. Her heel boots click-clacked against the gravel road until she stepped onto the smoothness of the cement sidewalk.

The home that stood in front was just under five years old, belonging to the one woman she never thought she would encounter once again.

She stood in front of the French-style door and quickly pressed the doorbell waiting impatiently. Her nerves were on edge and rattled to the point where she could explode at any time. Instead, Gemma was going to remain calm, not give her frustration away and play it cool like she always did. The door opens suddenly to reveal the exact person she wanted to talk to, Heather's mother.

"Gemma," She smiles brightly showing her pearly whites

"Gemma," She smiles brightly showing her pearly whites. "It's a pleasant surprise to see you here, unexpectedly." She leans forward to check their surroundings. "Anything I can help you with,"

Gemma folds her arms, "Actually, yes Linda, we need to have a discussion if that's okay," She grips the strap of her handbag. "May I come in,"

Linda smiles softly, "Sure, do please come in," She steps to the side watching Gemma enter her home just before closing the door. "Follow me into the sitting room,"

"Sitting room? When did this bitch ever get so bougie," Gemma thought to herself as she followed behind Linda. Her eyes took in the immaculate exterior of the home knowing this was the first time stepping into the home.