𝓞𝓷𝓮

Jinx strode through the corridor on the first day of her sixth year at Hogwarts, occasionally stopping to fix her black knee socks that continued to slip down. They were her older sister's, after all. She had graduated 3 years before and passed them down to Jinx when the time had come for a new uniform.

Her long, thick, and curly dark hair bounced behind her when she turned her head, looking for any familiar faces on her way to her first class of the day. She fixed her bangs out of her face and got on her tip toes to search, for she had been the same height since she was 13. Just a little taller than five feet, she reckoned.

As she turned her head once more, peering over and in between other students, she felt a weight on her head push her down. And then another.

''Looking for someone, Jinxie?'' Asked a familiar voice from above her.

''She couldn't tip toe high enough to see us if she tried.'' Spoke another.

Jinx ducked under the arms rested on her head and spun around to meet the faces of her friends.

There stood Fred and George Weasley, identical twin brothers. Jinx and the boys had been friends since they could walk, as their parents had known each other in school.She always spent holidays with the Weasley family and often spent most of her time with the twins. They were her closest friends. They were sweet and funny, though the only downside of the long lived friendship was being dragged into pranks and mischief that almost always resulted in hours of detention.

'' Hello, boys.'' Jinx rolled her eyes, pretending to be unamused. The truth was that she was relieved they had spotted her, or else she would have had to walk to class alone.

''What's your first class?'' Fred asked, nosily lowering his head down to be level with hers as they walked forward .

''Um,'' Jinx hesitated, unfolding the piece of paper stuck in her robe pocket,''Potions with Snape.''

''Perfect!'' George chimed, clapping his hands together,''You've got us to follow you around.''

If you had just met the Weasley twins, It would have been a nightmare trying to tell them apart. The trick Jinx learned was to remember George's goofy smile was more upturned than his identical brother's and Fred's nose didn't have the same bump as his brother's did.

The twins acted almost as if they were Jinx's brothers- constantly finding ways to annoy her at any given moment - though others had begged to differ. Once school started, rumors flew that Jinx and Fred were an item. And Jinx and George. Teenagers can be cruel.

When they arrived at their destination, the three patiently waited outside of Professor Snape's classroom, waiting for him to arrive. It was a given that they were early, as Jinx was punctual and dragged the boys by their ears if necessary.

Not much time went by before Professor Snape's bold footsteps could be heard echoing through the massive corridor, his presence making the first years that had gathered in a circle quickly disperse.Students had scurried out of his way in fear, but as he approached the three in particular, his gaze narrowed and a look of disdain grew on his face.

''Weasleys.'' He murmured, looking between the ginger boys stood behind the nervous school girl. His eyes traveled down to Jinx, who had her bottom lip in between her teeth.

''And you?'' He asked in his particularity low voice, crossing his arms in front of him.

Jinx fumbled over her words and fiddled with the books she held in her arms. ''Oh, uh, Jinx, sir, my name is Jinx Whittle. I don't believe we've met before.''

She forced a smile, digging her fingernails into the worn spine of her potions textbook.

''Whittle..'' Professor Snape repeated, narrowing his eyes once more. ''I had your sister. I pray you're even a fraction as intelligent and behaved as she is.''