Chapter 1

I looked up at the tall building that stood in front of me. It read 'Wesley High School.' I have been moving all my life due to my mom's job. My father had never been in my life, but I payed no attention to it, most of the times.

I sighed again and walked into the busy hallways that's full of chatter and laughter. I looked around and saw that it went dead silent and everyone was looking at me. I minded my own business as usual. I was used to these constant stares.

I found the office pretty quickly, which was probably a record beaten. I looked at the receptionist and she was really pretty. Her black hair was down in waves and her mouth was chewing bubblegum.

I walked to the desk where she sat and mumbled a small, "Hello." When she finished typing, she noticed me. She smiled a wide, genuine smile, "Hi there sweetie! What can I do for you?"

"Uhmm... I'm new here and I came for my schedule." I responded, shyly.

"Of course love! Your name is Mystery Collins, right?" she asked. She seems really nice and kind.

"Yes, that's me." I answered, smiling slightly.

"Here you go Mystery. And here's a map of the school to go with your schedule. Also, on the back of your schedule is your locker number." she explained.

"Thank you." I thanked her and started walking.

"Anytime dear!" I heard her exclaim while I was walking.

I looked on the back of my schedule and started looking for my locker. Locker number 349. After a few minutes, I finally found it. On my right, there was a couple making out and they were in my way of opening my locker. I didn't want to interrupt them so I just opened my locker slightly and put the stuff I don't need in it. When I was about to walk off, that's when the boy who was making out with the girl called me back.

"Oi! New girl!" he called. His voice was deep and husky.

"Yes?" I mumbled, turning around.

"Hmm, you're quite cute. My name's Hunter. How 'bout you, me, tonight at 9, my place?" Hunter winked. The girl he was making out with was glaring at me. If looks could kill, I would immediately be dead.

I scrunched my face up in disgust and flipped him off. His face went from cocky to pissed. I turned around and started walking to my first period class.

It was Math. I have a love/hate relationship with math. But it mostly depends on the teacher too. When I sat down in the back, the bell had just rung. Thankfully I'm not late. After hearing the boring lecture coming out of Mr. Felton's mouth, it was finally time for second period which was World History.

I started walking to the door until someone called me back. It was from a voice I didn't recognize. I turned around and saw a tall guy with black shaggy hair smiling at me. I had to admit, he's really cute.

"Hi, I noticed that you're new here and I wouldn't mind showing you around. By the way, my name is Drew." Drew said.

"Uhmm.... sure. I'm Mystery." I responded, awkwardly.

Drew showed me where my classes were and it turns out we have all the same periods together.

When it was lunch, Hunter was still hitting on me. Drew just told me to ignore him and that he does that to every girl. I could tell that Drew was pissed at Hunter and didn't like him at all. I could tell there was something more than Hunter hitting on every girl that Drew didn't like, and I wanted to know.