𝑭𝑹𝑬𝑫 𝑾𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑳𝑬𝒀

"Puking pastilles?" I questioned.
Examining the box, I flipped it to see the other side.
"How many people actually buy these?" I huffed, looking up towards Fred.
"You'd be surprised." he replied with a grin.
I placed the package back on the table. Fred turned to walk up the stairs and my eyes moved to the ancient-looking grandfather clock which stood in the back left corner of the shop. 6:47, it read. Fred and George's shop, the Weasleys' Wizards Wheezes, had officially closed at 6:30– by that time, George had already packed up and left the shop. Quite often you'd find him to be in a hurry. Not many customers stopped by today, the weather wasn't ideal. But that's what made it so fun, being able to look at every single product that sat on each shelf. The store was eye-candy, just looking around provided an overload of serotonin; it was aesthetically pleasing and colorful. Plus, I've always found the shop extremely fascinating. It shows just how wicked magic can get. All the wanky potions, toys, and inventions . . . it wasn't a shocker that almost every Hogwarts student visited the shop often. But I suppose it isn't just the products that attracted them. After all, the shop was run by two genuine guys, one being a charming young bloke, who I was glad to call my boyfriend.
"Y/N, c'mere!" Fred's voice called out from upstairs, bouncing off the walls.
Speak of the devil.
I pattered up the stairs and Fred turned his body towards me, arms crossed.
"Soooo.." he smirked,
"..your birthday is co-"
"Freddddd" I cut him off.
I adore Fred, I really do. But he does not have a good record with birthday surprises. My previous birthday, George tried to help him ride in on brooms and set off fireworks that said "happy birthday" during the OWLS exams. Long story short, it all backfired and he ended up setting Umbridge on fire. When I tell you I was in tears from laughing so hard, I'm dead serious. Everyone else in the classroom cheering and laughing just made the whole thing even better. Fred didn't even care, honestly, but I nearly passed out from second-hand embarrassment. The intent was sweet, though. I looked Fred straight in the eyes.
"No no! Let me finish. I promise, no fireworks involved this time," he reassured.
I let out small chuckle as I sighed, signaling for him to continue.
"Alright so... I know how much you love the shop. You practically come here everyday. And most of the time it's for me- which is bloody obvious- but I really wanted to ask, would you want to work here? With George and I?" he said, finishing his proposal.
No. freaking way. My mouth dropped into a big o-shape.
"Fred."
"Y/N?"
"YES!" I nearly screamed, jumping up and down. His behavior mirrored mine.
Fred embraced me in a tight hug and I squeezed back, still overjoyed. Definitely a better surprise than last year's. He unexpectedly picked me up by the waist, causing me to let out a tiny yelp, and twirled me around in a smooth circle, carefully placing me back down. I looked up, my eyes locking with his soft brown ones. He broke gaze and his eyes traveled down to my lips.
"You know, I oughta snog you right about now," he laughed.
My eyebrows rose as I tried hard to repel the dark crimson color that was starting to form in my cheeks.
"Cute cheeks"
"Shut up."
I pecked him on the lips.