Chapter 17

(A/n: Update! I've been drafting this chapter from last week. I'm quite scared with this chapter so please let me know how it was. Enjoy reading!)

❤️❤️
-------------------

"Huh? ZhanZhan? Do I happen to know you mister?"

"Zhan, don't joke around with me......Please, It's not funny." Yibo's voice cracked as an uneasy feeling slowly creeped up inside him.

Zhan was staring at Yibo with a straight face that displayed absolute seriousness. His face swung from Yibo's towards the doctor whose eyes held a hint of surprise.

"Doctor, who is this man? And what happened to me?"

The said man in white clothes composed himself before speaking, "You see Mr.Xiao, You were involved in an accident last evening which resulted in minor bruises on your limbs while your back was slightly more severely injured because of the glass shards that pierced your body when the windshield shattered, which surprisingly is nothing too complicated or so we thought. But now I think that the impact may be worse than what we predicted judging from how you can't recognise your own boyfriend. We need to perform a CT Scan on you to check if any injury has been caused to the brain."

"Wait! My.....My boyfriend?"
Zhan turned to look at Yibo with bewildered eyes.
"I'm gay!?"

Yibo had an unbelievably stoic expression on his face, if not for his glazed eyes nobody could ever decipher Yibo's emotions.

"Zhan," Yibo cautiously walked closer to Zhan's bed, desperately trying to hold his tears, "Do you really not recognise me?"

He was about to reach out to hold Zhan's hand when the doctor spoke again, "Mr.Xiao would you answer a few questions of mine?"

Zhan nodded slowly. He, himself had a bunch of questions that he wanted answers to..

I wake up in a hospital and suddenly I have a boyfriend? And a car accident? Didn't I fall from the stairs? What is happening to me? And to top everything my head is throbbing terribly.

"Mr.Xiao, What is the last thing that you remember?"

"I was chasing my younger brother and tumbled down the stairs. I thought that was the reason why I'm here but.." Zhan motioned towards Yibo and continued, "you say I had a car accident..."

The doctor scribbled something on his notepad before moving on to the next question.
"How many family members do you have?"

"My parents passed away when I was young. I live with my grandmother along with my elder sister and younger brother. Doctor, what is wrong with me?"

"So you remember yourself and your family....hmmm"

The doctor turned towards Yibo, "Mr.Wang, how long have you and Mr.Xiao been a couple?"

All this time Yibo was staring blankly at Zhan as if in a daze, it wasn't until the doctor called out to him a few more times that he replied.

"Pardon me?"

The doctor's heart pained to see the young man so broken. In all his years of service he still couldn't get used to the heartbreak of the families and couples. Pain is unavoidable.

He gave Yibo an encouraging smile and in a soft voice he repeated, "How long have you and Mr.Xiao been a couple?"

"Almost a year now." Yibo answered softly.