Chapter 1

Breaking News: A woman has been found dead in broad daylight on XXXXXX Street. There has been numerous stab wounds found including bite marks...

"Crazy people I swear." "Crazy? You mean insane?" says Alena.

"I mean yeah, true " says Nori. "No worries I will get our little asses out of this town in a few years maybe less, and live in a better place. This town is literally hell."

"It's becoming hell you mean," Nori adds. Alena looks up at Nori and back down at the stove. "By the way I'm going to be a little late every night starting tomorrow for my buisness. So everytime you come home you'll find me passed out in my room or on the couch," Nori laughs. "Don't worry I'll carry your heavy self into your room, if I can that is."

"You're saying I'm heavy?" Nori accuses sarcastically. "Hell yeah,"  storms off with her bag and lunch running to work.

ALENA POV
"I'm opening and closing today Nori, so I'm most likely going to find you crashed in bed," she says on the phone. "Yeah okay, well I'll talk to you later, mhm, bye."

Stepping into the shop, I start by turning on the power and powering up our machines. Placing on an apron I begin making my morning coffee. Another worker joins in about an hour later, who also happens to be one of my bestfriends since we were babies.

"Hey Alena!" Jimin waves. He places on an apron and jumps into me for a big hug. "Okay, Jimin I'm not going anywhere-" I say struggling for air, "It's not like I left for months," I added laughing. "Can you blame me, you're so cute!" he laughs and gets himself water. I smack him on his arm and tries to get me back until I dodge him.

We play around for a few minutes until more co-workers walk in and it was time to open.

"That is 3.75." The sound of coffee grinding and chatter fill the room.
I stand leaning against a wall in the backroom drinking some tea for break. Jimin steps into the room. "Everything okay?" he asks. "Yeah, just on break remember?" I hold up my drink. "Right."

"You on break too?" He shakes his head. "I just wanted to check on you, I'll head back to my shift in a bit after I get some ice." Jimin turns away taking a big jar to put ice in and transfer it to the front. He turns to me and waves before leaving the backroom.

My break time was over and I throw away my drink in a nearby trash as I walked out. I rushed over to the registers when I began to hear the front door swing open and alert the bell. No one was at the registers and everyone else was busy making the drinks and cleaning table, serving customers.

[A/N: I had a wayyy better gif but the file was too big sooo :(]

"Hello." I look up at the man and his friend who is looking down on his phone. "Hello, what can I get you?" I ask. "Get me a small XXXX, he'll have the same too."

"Okay, anything else?" He shakes his head. He seems a bit shy, its cute. "Okay your total is XXX." His friend takes out his wallet giving the card. I hand them their receipt and they head out to sit outside.

"What are you lookin' at Alena??" A voice pops up from behind my ear. "Huh? Ahh, Jimin! Don't scare me like that, go make the drinks sir." He laughs and heads on to work. A while later Jimin walks out and hands the two men their drinks.

"I saw you eyeing them just now," he teases. "Silence before I kick your ass." "Make me short ass."

[Day ends] It's so early into the evening, the sky is already pitched black. "Hey Jimin, are you leaving yet cause I have to close up tonight," I ask cleaning up our counters. "Yeah, I'm just waiting on my ride, my cousin's picking me up, heading down into the city today," he looks down on his phone. "Oh okay." .... "Do you want to come?" "No thank you, I'm going to stop by a few stores for things at home," I say. Jimin gives a little smile and walks up to me. "Be careful out there okay?" he brings me in for a hug. As I hug him back a car stops at our front, honking. "Guess that's her, I'll see you later Alena or at work tomorrow." I wave as he leaves the front.

Before leaving I turn off our machines and clean up, then I'm out the door. Double checked to see if our door was locked.

Dialing Nori..

N: Hello?
A: Hey how's things at home?
N: Boring, but I'm going to sleep in a bit so I can have extra sleep before tomorrow. What are you doing now? Are you heading home?
A: No, I'm stopping by some stores real quick and probably some take-out for us. Maybe you can take some with you tomorrow.
N: Yeah that'd be very noice haha.
A: I'm about to head inside the store now, see you later.
N: Okay, bye
A: Bye

End call...

Okay, just need to get a few groceries, then i'll head to the craft store, stop by for some food, and then head home.

The town gets more empty ever hour at night. Our town is known for having quite a lot of crimes, murders, kidnappings, and more. It's crazy. But I believe I can protect myself.

[At the house's doorstep]

"Nori, I'm home!" ... "Nori?" Where is she? She's not in the living room, or the other rooms or my bedroom or her room. "Nori, I swear if you're playing around with me-"

Nori??