Sixteen

Malani

Malani

"Bev, it's been 3 days now. Are you gonna talk to your man?" I asked her with concern.

"I can't Lani, he thinks I was gonna cheat on him. Thanks to Trey's ass. I don't think that i'm over that." Beverly said," All sad.

"At least, he believed you up until he saw you leaving out. The house looking hella good for "another nigga". That's why, he listened to Trey's ass." I tell her as I comforted her.

"Okay, I get that part. But, the other part of me thinks that he only told him that was because he still loves you, and he's bitter cause he wants you." Beverly said, getting pissed all over again.

"Yea, right. If he "so called, wanted me, then he wouldn't have kept hurting me over and over again for Karin's ass." I tell her while being dismissive about him.

"Yea, I get it. While he didn't even know that you moved to Atlanta, he's been a bigger dick than he was before." Beverly said as she rolled her eyes at thought of him.

I hate this bullshit is happening to my best friend she deserves to be happy like before when I did live in LA, and after I left. It's not my fault Trey has been an asshole and conflicting things off on other people. He needs to be mad at himself instead of being mad about other people being happy in their own relationship.

"You want me to leave. So, you and meech can fuck?" Beverly asked me jokingly.

"No, I don't want you to leave. You can stay as long as you like, but at least try to talk to Dave. And, me and my man are gonna fuck regardless if you're here or not." I tell her.

"No, promises. But, I will try to talk to Dave. Maybe this weekend." Beverly said seriously.

"Thanks. That's all I ask of you. Because I don't want y'all to break up over this." I tell her genuinely.

"I don't want us too, either. But, what if next time we hang out and he sees me dressed up, and listens to Trey again. Then, that means he doesn't trust me enough to let me out of his sight." Beverly said, getting upset all over again.

I leaned over to her and gave her a comforting hug as she's sobbing on my shoulder, and I seriously hate seeing her this upset about it. And, in my opinion, Dave's a dumbass for listening to him and should've listened to his gut.

*****

After hours and hours of me trying to cheer Beverly up, it's been an epic fail cause all we have been doing is watching sad movies, since that's what she wanted to watch. As I was about to go into the kitchen to get some more ice cream, there was someone banging on my front door.