bc Elzy that's why

"You ready?" Em asked, hiding with Izzy and Ella in the bushes.

The two girls nodded.

"Good, because if you're not, too bad."

Em turned their attention to Cody, who was crying cartoonishly in the middle of the road. They focused on him, imagining him morph into a dog. They felt something flow through them.

"Oh my god, you did it." Izzy whispered. Em opened their eyes.

There was a fully clothed dog whining in the middle of the road.

The trio erupted from the bushes, racing towards the dog. Em got there first and began petting Cody.

After about five minutes, Ella cleared her throat. Em looked up. Izzy was laughing on the ground, and cars were stopped, honking their horns at the strange trio and the clothed dog.

"Oh, right. Come on, Izzy!" Em shouted, picking up Cody. They ran - well, Em and Ella ran, Izzy stumbled and Cody got carried - out of the street.

"You owe me." Em said, setting Cody down on the sidewalk.

Ella sighed. She stuck her hand in her pocket and pulled out a check. "Half million, as promised."

"Thank you!" Em took the check and put it in their own pocket, then wrapped their arms around Ella. "See you soon?" 

"Maybe."

The two broke apart. "Well, bye." Em said, turning on her heel and leaving.

Cody vomited all over the sidewalk.

"Great . . ."