Chapter Nine -- Only On Camera

Chpater Nine -- Only On Camera

Chloe held the latest iPhone in her hand with a slight smirk on her face. She was watching one of her dances Shia sent to her via text messaging. It had been three weeks since she has been working at The PlayHouse and with four dances under her belt, the people were taking a great liking to the once shy-soft spoken woman. Shia encouraged her to join various of social media accounts and just within 48 hours her follow count was reaching 10 thousand and counting. She was becoming known as Amore, the light skinned beauty with no fake boobs, ass, or hair that took one of the most popular strip clubs in Atlanta by storm over night.

Within just three weeks Chloe had quit her job at Greendale's Hotel as housekeeping and threw the keys to her unfixable Nissan Altima. Now, a shiny new black Range Rover sat outside of her apartment complex. The only thing she had left on her list of things to do was moving. She looked around the apartment her and Brandon once shared with bittersweet. It was their first place in the A, and she could remember how grateful and happy they were when they found it. Like newly weds, they fucked liked rabbits in every place imaginable in the small apartment. Nothing was off limits and Chloe loved every minute of it. She didn't miss him, she missed who he used to be. They were once greatly in love.

Letting go of a sigh, Chloe grabbed one of the many cardboard boxes scattered around the living room and began packing her most treasured belongings, deciding she was leaving the hand-me-down furniture her and Brandon had found at a local Salvation Army.

Satisfied with one finished box, she was moving on the the second one when her phone began to ring. It was Shia and she answered on the third ring.

"What are you doing?" was Shia's greeting.

"Uhh... Hi, how are you would sound about right," Chloe spoke with a slight frown and playfulness in her voice. Over the past month or so the two have become closer than ever and Chloe was even beginning to call her a close friend.

Shia let out a sigh. "Hi, Chloe, how are you? Good. Now what are you doing?"

Chloe let out a light hearted laugh. "Packing and I hate it. It seems like I'm not going to ever finish."

"Packing is the worst, girl. Don't worry you'll get there, but not today."

Chloe's face held a look of slight confusion. "What do you mean?'"

"Wellllll, I have a photoshoot today, I'm actually getting ready for it now, and I want you to come."

Chloe looked around her apartment at all the unfinished boxes. "Shia, I--"

"Chloe, come on, please. I usually have Wisdom with me, but he's going to be out of town for the next few days." Shia spoke of her boyfriend/ business partner. Everybody knew they were together, but Chloe was the only one Shia spoke about him to from time to time. She had her trust. "Besides I kinda miss us hanging out."

Chloe put the picture frame of her and her grandma, Kaila, in a box before letting out a sigh. With Chloe quitting her day job, buying a new car, and finding a new place to stay, she's been busy with her own thing going on. Besides running into her at the club, the two haven't hung out since Chloe's first dance and she did have to admit to herself that she did miss their "girl time."

Chloe agreed to meet her and Shia happily gave her directions.

******

"Can you lift your right arm over your head and let it rest there?" The woman photographer coached Shia with a smile and a medium sized camera in her hand, snapping away when Shia did as she asked.

Chloe stood to the side, keeping it simple with skinny jeans, a crisp, white T-shirt, and Michael Kors sandals. The spotlight was on Shia, of course, so she wore her long hair in a ponytail and rocked a bare, clean face. She was there for support, nothing more, nothing less and her friend looked amazing on the shoot.