30.

-2 months later
Omniscient

"My favorite girl is going to college."

"I can't believe your leaving me." Maleah pulled Layla into a hug. "Your makeup looks really good today."

"Nolan did it."

"Awwe." She smiled. "I'm gonna miss you so much." Tears clouded her stepmothers eyes.

"I'll try to visit you as much as I can. I'll be here on breaks and holidays and stuff like that... and we don't leave until a little later so calm down mom."

"But my favorite is leaving." Layla laughed out of pure guilt. "I remember when you were a little girl and you used to hate me."

"I never hated you." Layla chuckled.

"Yes you did. You hated me because you thought I stole your dad from your family." Maleah said. "You told me that yourself and I cried for months."

"Ohh... I'm sorry." Layla blushed.

"It's okay, we're besties now." Maleah smiled and Layla nodded in agreement.

"Lay, you got all your stuff?" Nolan asked when he walked in.

"Yeah."

"Alright." Nolan walked up to her and kissed her cheek. "I'm gonna go home and see my mother."

"Okay. Be safe."

"Alright, Bye Mrs. Kahale." Nolan waved at Maleah.

"You come here too, give me a hug, I'm emotional." He laughed before pulling Layla's stepmother into a hug.

"You're so tall, get down here." Nolan laughed as he leaned down to hug her.

"I'm gonna miss you guys."

"Imma miss you too Mrs, Kahale."

Layla smiled at him and Maleah.

"Okay, I won't keep you long, make sure you guys come say bye to me before you leave today."

"Okay." Nolan smiled before running out the door.

"So what you wanna do?" Layla asked as Nolan closed the door behind him.

"Let's have an awkward conversation. I've never had one with you before." Layla raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"Why do you wanna have one?"

"Just for the fun of it."

"Umm, okay. What do you wanna talk about?" Maleah smiled.

"You never told me how you lost your virginity." Maleah looked around. "Was it good?"

"Mom."

-

"Momma, Imma have no one to watch her when I'm at school and I don't trust anyone else."

"Well Nolan, I don't have a problem with you leaving her here but I don't want you to get homesick and drop out just to come see her."

Nolan bit his lip. "I- fuck man. I don't know what to do. I wanna take her but I don't wanna leave her with someone I don't know."

Nolan walked over to the bed and sat on the edge. He pulled the blankets down and smiled at his bundle of joy.

Royal began to stretch out her petite body before sticking her tongue out at her favorite person.

"mornen daddy!"

"Good morning sleepyhead!" Nolan smiled as he lifted his daughter from the bed and pulled her onto his lap.