Chapter 1: Beautiful Boss

Rude!'-

My everyday line in my head every time he doesn't comment anything. No 'thank you' or whatsoever after giving his orders. I told you, he doesn't know the word thank you. It doesn't exist in his vocabulary.

***************************************************

Madi's POV:

"Tell me Madi, why do you have to apply for another job? You already have your own fine dining restaurants. Three big freaking restaurants in the City. And you're not lacking out of money, in fact, you give almost half of them to your charities. God! Aren't you feeling exhausted?"

That's Noelle. My best friend and manager to one of my three restaurants operating in the City.

"Because I told you it's also my dream since college. That's why I also took a business degree to fulfil my bucket list of dreams." I tried to reason with her but still, she couldn't understand my point.

It has been a month since I started working as a Personal Assistant at Wilsons Electronics Corporation under the management of Mr Gabriel Wilsons, our CEO. And let me tell you, the pressure of working at the biggest company in the City of Chicago sometimes gets out of control.

Running there and everywhere, sending faxes, emailing documents, checking and updating my boss's schedules and making his coffee three times a day is just a small part of my everyday routine.

Of course, my duties and responsibilities as the owner of my own business are not yet included.

"Besides, it's part of my job to feel tired and exhausted. Come on."

I waved my hand in the air and continued checking some papers that need my signature. We are currently in the back office of my first restaurant which is a 20-minute drive from the WEC building. Today is Sunday and it's my day off, so I can use the whole day checking out my three outlets.

"Yeah, but you're not getting any younger. You're already 26, single, no boyfriend since birth and a freaking virgin in all department, Forgodsake!"

Thank God, the office is soundproof, so I don't have to cover her mouth even if she screams out of her lungs.

Ever since she found out that I got the job at Wilsons, she has started rambling and rambling on me.

"Hey! Stop mentioning my age and status." I just chuckled at her as I brought the glass of orange juice to my mouth.

"Okay fine. So, tell me, how's your boss's attitude towards his employees? Is he someone like you, considerate and warm?"

I almost choked on my juice after hearing her words. My boss... considerate? I don't think so, I'm not sure. Warm? Haha.. the total opposite.

He's like a walking ice man every day. No, the right word is that he's like a zombie, cold and lifeless. There's something wrong with his personality that I couldn't figure out. He's a man of few words...Nah! I mean one word.

"Honestly, he's the total opposite of the boss you're imagining."

"What do you mean, the total opposite?"

"Well, He's cold, a little rude and arrogant sometimes. He doesn't know the word thank you and likes to shout every time--- any time especially when he found something wrong or error on your reports, tsk. tsk. He won't give you any choice, it's either you get your ears ready or get yourself ready to say goodbye to your job."