Chapter 3: His cold stare

Madi's POV:

Answering some phone calls and checking out his new schedules, took up almost half of my day. I didn't notice how time passed and it's already lunchtime.

Sandy appeared at my office door wearing her hungry smile.

"What's up? Work over food?"

I smiled. "Fine. I haven't noticed the time."

"Hmmp! That's your dialogue every day," she said rolling her eyes.

"Really? I didn't know that." I said smiling widely as I cleaned the table.

I just got my phone and my purse before going to the elevator down to the cafeteria of the building.

"You know what, I have a wonderful story."

I glanced at her while entering the busiest side of the building at this hour.

"And what is it?"

"About our boss." she covered her mouth on the other side so no one could hear her voice except us. And it intrigues me. I arched my eyebrow.

"That's gossiping!" I told her even though it really intrigued me to the bone.

"His cold behaviour has a story." she continued whispering.

"What story?"

"I heard, he was betrayed by his ex. The one he loved but also the one who got away. She left him."

I don't know but hearing him already loved someone else gives my heart a slight pinch. But I just ignored it and opened my ears to the additional information from her.

"How did you get that?" I asked her all ears.

"I just heard it when I went to the finance department earlier. And you know what, after that incident, that's when he accepted the position from his father to become the CEO of WEC."

I turned to her, trying to gather more of her story.

"Plus... they said after his ex cheated on him with another man, he became cold and heartless."

"Hey! You heard it from someone talking behind his back?" I eyed her.

"Yes, but I didn't mean to. They were already talking when I  passed them. And don't tell me you're not interested, because everyone in this building loves to gossip about his life."

"I'm not interested." I lied. "I'm just intrigued."

She chuckled behind me as I entered where the line starts.

"Girl, that's the same. It's a synonym of interested."

-'So, he was betrayed? I wonder if his behaviour he shows us today is different from his personality before he was duped by his ex. Wait? What kind of ex? Ex-girlfriend or ex-wife?'-

"Ex-fiancee." I was shocked and my head immediately snapped in Sandy's direction.
"You heard it?" I asked with wide eyes. I'm just asking myself.

She chuckled again. "Of course, silly! Your thinking so loud!"

"Ohh.." the only word that came out of my mouth. I bit my bottom lip in slight embarrassment. I hope no one has heard me talk to myself except her.

"So... that's what you call 'not interested', huh?"
She smirked but I rolled my eyes.

"Hi, Madi."

I was saved by the bell when Troy from HR department greeted me over two people in the line ahead of me.