Quotes About Roses and Love

Valentine's Day and anniversaries are flooded with roses — for good reason

Valentine's Day and anniversaries are flooded with roses — for good reason. The symbolism of red roses lends them to be the ultimate romantic flower. Not all roses represent romance, though: different colours means different emotions, making them an appropriate gift for other loved ones as well on celebrations like Mother’s Day and birthdays. 

“True love is like little roses, sweet, fragrant in small doses.”

– Ana Claudia Antunes

“When love came first to earth, the Spring spread rose beds to receive him.”

– Thomas Campbell

“If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears.”

– Isaac Hayes

“A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives you roses.”

– Chinese Proverb

“Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.”

– Mark Overby

“A life filled with love, must have some thorns, but a life empty of love will have no roses.”

– Anonymous

“Love is a rose, but you’d better not pick it, only grows when it’s on the vine. Handful of thorns and you know you’ve missed it. Lose your love when you say the word mine.”

– Linda Ronstadt

“A relationship is like a rose. How long it lasts, no one knows.”

– Rob Cella

“A woman is like a rose…If you take good care of her, you will see love blossom.”

– Anonymous

“There may be many flowers in one’s life…but only one rose.”

– Anonymous

“Love and a red rose can’t be hid.”

– Thomas Holcroft

“The red rose whispers of passion, And the white rose breathes of love; O, the red rose is a falcon, And the white rose is a dove.”

– John Boyle O’Reilly

“One rose is enough for the dawn.”

– Edmond Jabes

“If I had a rose for every time I thought of you, I’d be picking roses for a lifetime.”

– Swedish Proverb

“This love is the rose that blooms forever.”

– Rumi

“My love is like a rose divided into two, the leaves I give to others, but the rose I give to you.”

– Anonymous

“Roses are red, violets are blue, I’ll never love someone the way I love you.”

– Anonymous