[I] Birthday Surprise

A/N: This is a story that I wrote back when I was still in the 6th Grade, which I stopped writing some time ago, and after ~2 years, I've decided to rewrite it and possibly finish this, random "Atsuhina vs Kagehina" plot that I've thought about

(A/N from 2020)

Author-san: this is my first time writing a story for Wattpad so please bear with me, thanks.

3rd POV

Currently, it's June 21, a special day for the tangerine haired boy named Shouyou Hinata, a day celebrated just for him – his birthday. Even if classes hadn't started yet, he looked forward to the end of it;  thinking about how would his teammates greet him, especially Kageyama – his current boyfriend, whom he would wait for at the school gate.

Few minutes after

"Hi Kageyama, can I ask you the date today I forgot?"
"Hinata boke! You don't even know the date today? It's June 21 today, Monday"

Not minding the fact that his boyfriend forgot that today is his birthday, he challenges Kageyama in a race

"Kageyama, let's race, and let's see who's the winner"

— No response.

"Kageyama? Kageyama? Kageyama!!"

Hinata's call made his boyfriend rub his hands in the back of his neck, showing signs that he purposely ignored his challenge, despite him avoiding his stare in disbelief, Hinata could see all too well the dark blue eyes giving a cold and sharp look.

"Go on ahead without me, class is starting."

Hinata was startled by his lover's response, he wasn't smart or any of the sort but he knew that something was off.

After Class

Disregarding what happened in the morning, Hinata rushed to the gym with his eyes full of sparkle and gleam, anticipating a great greeting or probably a surprise from his teammates that he cherishes the most.

~10 minutes earlier
"So why did you break up with Hinata?"

"Suga-san, we both fell out of love, but I got a new boyfriend, his name is..... Hoshiumi"

All of the members of Karasuno were shocked by this revelation, Suga who was the most avid supporter of KageHina gasped and struggled to say anything further.

"Hoshiumi?! Hinata's rival?!"

Hoshiumi reluctantly enters the gym and builds up his confidence to introduce himself

"Hi I think you all know me I'll just tell you that I'm Kageyama's boyfriend"

Everyone couldn't believe what just happened but they smiled at Hoshiumi and accepted the truth. Before letting any awkwardness in the room take effect Nishinoya suggested something.
"Wanna play truth or dare while we wait for Hinata to come?"

Tanaka knowing his attitude was the one who immediately agreed, followed by Suga, and Asahi, and while it took some convincing to make Daichi join, he accepted in the end.
So they spun the bottle and it turned to Kageyama and Nishinoya, resulting in the latter having a huge grin on his face, obviously planning something
"Now truth or dare Kageyama?"

Kageyama's POV
Oh no it's Nishinoya senpai's he's strong when I say the truth and doesn't believe easily and he's a prankster

"D-dare Nishinoya senpai"

"Hmmm... Oh I know"

Nishinoya senpai stared at me and Hoshiumi and seeing his face was definitely a difficult dare.

"What are you thinking Noya?"

"Tanaka, you know what I'm thinking, rightttt? Well then prove to us that you're really a couple and do a kiss! Oh, wait, not just a kiss, but a French kiss while you're at it. "

"W-What?! You don't believe me? O-Okay I'll do it"

I almost didn't know what to say but still, I had to do this dare embarrassing as it may be. I pulled Hoshiumi into a kiss and started to explore his tongue mindless of everyone's awe at how focused we were and acting like nobody else could see us. At this moment, nothing mattered more than Hoshiumi.

Present time

When Hinata arrived at the gym, he carefully walked so that his presence would not be revealed for the purpose of peeking what they had in store for him.

As it turns out, it was the biggest surprise of his life, but not the kind of surprise one would want.

To see his lover kissing someone else... while his teammates are cheering as if in full support of what's happening.

The tangerine haired boy freezes in place unable to comprehend the scene right in front of his eyes, quickly, his vision starts to blur from tears that welled in his eyes.

Hinata's POV
"Why? Why?" 

I mumbled as I was in tears, that was the only word I could come up to say, why did I get betrayed and why was it during my birthday?

I hurriedly ran towards the exit gate of the school without caring if somebody could see me, shaking my head in disbelief that such a thing happened and trying to get that image buried in my mind.

But I can't. Despite me being at a distance from my vision, the scene was too clear for me. As the exit was close I stopped for a moment and to catch my breath, thinking about what I had to do next. Maybe I'll just hang around the nearby park...

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I've adjusted the pacing of the story quite a bit, since the previous version was heavily rushed mb. I do hope I could constantly upload chapters despite my schedule constraints. Thanks for reading!