IV. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Dumbledore said "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you!" and sat back down. Elektra quickly realized he was a very strange man.

All students quickly submerged into deep conversation. Or as deep as it was going to get for 11-year-olds who had just met.

They conversed with the Gryffindor ghost, Sir Nicholas. Many people called him Nearly Headless Nick, but he didn't like that name because he was bullied against by other ghosts for that fact. Elektra found this easy to respect, but some people still liked to joke about it. It was annoying for her to fathom that.

They also talked to the people surrounding us about our families, finding that Seamus was a half-blood, and Neville a pure-blood. Hermione and Percy were talking about wanting to begin classes promptly which confused Elektra because school was always boring to her, but she guessed since it was learning about magic that it wouldn't be too bad. As long as the teachers were nice.

She saw Harry look at the teachers' table in front, and her eyes followed his. They were all doing different and various activities. She saw a teacher, whose head was wrapped in a purple turban talking to a man with greasy black hair and a hooked nose. She knew these two to be Professor Quirrell, the defense against the dark arts teacher, and Professor Snape, the Potions master, respectively.

When both their heads whipped 'round to face her she felt her scar burn with the degree and might of a thousand suns. It ached and itched so bad she wanted to scream, but it left just as it came. She turned to Harry, who she knew had a scar like herself, still confused why, and just as she thought, he had his hand clapped to his head. But why did their scars burn when they looked at us was only one of the questions floating around her head. 

And why do I have this scar?

"What's wrong?" Percy asked me and Harry at the same time.

"Nothing," Harry said to him.

"Just a little pain in my arm, Perce, nothing to worry about."

Most of the Weasleys didn't like Percy, because he was "stuck up" and "a workaholic" but Elektra admired that about him so they were close-ish.

"Who's that teacher talking to professor Quirrell?" Harry asked Percy, who told him about Snape as Harry watched him intently.

Soon, Dumbledore rose to his feet and began making announcements.

"First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that aswell. I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all thatno magic should be used between classes in the corridors. Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their House teams should contact Madam Hooch. And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on theright-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death."

He told the students about the forbidden forest being... well... forbidden, as well as that no magic should be used in the corridors between classes, and that Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term, even though the first years wouldn't be able to play. He also said that students must stay away from the third floor corridor on the right-hand side if they didn't want to die. 

Harry laughed, but when he realized he was the only person laughing, asked Percy if Dumbledore was joking. 

"He has to be serious, but he always gives a reason to stay away from certain areas," he replied.

Dumbledore was still standing, and instructed them on how to sing the school song:

"Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts, Teach us something please, Whether we be old and baldor young with scabby knees..."

It was discordous, everyone was singing on different pitches and at different times. Some weren't singing at all, which made the hall sound really quiet, even if a hundred students were singing.

Dumbledore sent the children to bed, and along the way, they passed a ghost in the hall who they soon learned was Peeves, who caused mischief and only listened to the Bloody Baron, the Slytherin ghost. Percy said the password to enter the common room, which was Caput Draconis and Elektra made a mental note to remember that.

The inside of the common room was beautiful. There were some desks built into the walls, fancy velvet couches and chairs, great big stairs, and everything was lined in red and gold fabric. It was magnificent. Percy ushered the students to their dormitories, the girl's dorms on the right and the boys on the left. At the top of the spiral staircase, there was a list with the names of everyone who was sleeping in which rooms. Elektra shared her dorm room with Hermione, and 2 other girls named Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown.

They all settled in, finding their trunks already in the room at the foot of our beds. They all pulled on their pajamas and flip-flopped into their beds. Though, Elektra couldn't sleep, for fear she would wake up late and miss all her classes. There was so much to see and explore here, she felt she couldn't miss any of it. She stayed up for another hour, just thinking about the next day. However, when she fell asleep, she dreamed about wearing Professor Quirrell's turban, and it was telling her that she must transfer to Slytherin at once because it was her destiny. She felt it wrap tighter around her head, and then there was Malfoy, who became Snape. The next thing she knew, there was a burst of green light, and she was up shaking. She stayed up for about 2 minutes and then went back to sleep, in anticipation of the morning.

A/N: Check-in booth. Comments, questions, and concerns go here. I really hope this chapter was enjoyable for you. This chapter is just a filler chapter, I'm going to get started on a few more chapters and update on Monday. Share this with your friends and vote if you like it. I've had this written for a while, but I had to edit it which took forever.