Chapter 7

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

Just like he had promised himself, Minhyuk was standing in front of the wooden door of the snake with a hundred heads, all of them quite cold and so sharp they could cut deeply into his soul.

The father gave two knocks on the door, a little bit more shy and nervous than he had intended. He had known the man for a long time, but Minhyuk was still horrified every time he had to talk to him; the man was just too naturally frightening.

After a few seconds, that seemed like hours, he heard some rustling and a thud, followed by a curse at the other end of the door. Minhyuk flinched slightly when the door opened, revealing the tall and well built man, dressed in his usual clean and tidy white dress shirt and ironed black pants. His hair was also slicked back and he smelled amazing.

If Minhyuk wasn't so into Yoo Kihyun and the male in front of him wasn't so scary, he would definitely drool over Oh Sehun.

"Lee! Nice to see you, man! How come you never come to visit? Come in, please!" The office was clean beside some coffee that had been spilled on top of Sehun's desk, he was probably drinking it when Minhyuk came and spilled it when he bumped his knee against the bottom of the table. Quite painfully, he thought as the man in front of him was limping a little bit.

Once they had sat down, Sehun gave him a wide, warm smile. Minhyuk smiled back forcefully.

Sehun seemed very fond of Minhyuk, then why did he find the younger so scary? Simple; he didn't measure his physical strength, his words, and even his temperament was out of control. He may be acting all nice now, but oh dear, later he will give a 180° turn.

"So tell me, Hyukkie, what brings you here? Is the Yoo guy causing you trouble? Do I need to fire him?" Sehun asked those last two questions with a venomous scowl on his face, his lip twitching a little bit out of anger, Minhyuk assumed.

He shook his head vigorously and cleared his throat before speaking. "No no, Sehun, all the opposite! No need to fire him." Sehun relaxed his tensed up face and his tender smile returned to his lips. "Then what is it that you need?" Minhyuk started sweating. He knew that the other thing that vexed Sehun more than his employees, was not having his employees around.

"It's about Yoo Kihyun..." As soon as he saw Sehun press his lips together, he knew what was about to happen when the question would be asked. The man crossed his arms and hummed for Minhyuk to continue. "I need to take him out during his lunch break." He tried to sound desperate, but not too much. He wanted Sehun to think it was important business, not a marriage proposal.

A lot bang was heard on top of the desk as Sehun set his almost empty coffee cup in front of them rather pugnaciously. Minhyuk's eyes widened as he tried hard not to whimper out of terror. "And why do you need to take him out?" Minhyuk had thought of telling him that he wanted to do some business with Kihyun, but then he would sound like he wanted to steal the short photographer from the company and he knew things wouldn't end well with Sehun.

He couldn't tell him what he really needed Kihyun for, which was related to the Changkyun situation. He was in a newspaper's office for heaven's sake.

So he went for something he knew Sehun wouldn't refuse. No explanation would be needed.

"I will get you the date with Irene you always wanted. I'm her boss, after all."

...

"I still don't know how you did that. He didn't even curse at me when I bumped into him in the elevator." The shorter male said, utterly surprised to say the least. "Don't worry about it, he just loves me too much to say no to me." The boy in front of him snickered as he took another bite of his chicken.

"Okay, back to the topic. The biological parents want to take Changkyun away from you." Minhyuk just nodded as he bit his inner cheeks. "And you want me to be some sort of sidekick, but I still don't know what I will be doing, though." Kihyun tilted his head as he pouted in curiosity. It took all the willpower in Minhyuk to stop looking the the other's pink lips.

"It's not too much... you will only need to help me keep him happy enough so that they don't suspect me mistreating him. He is way too grumpy for no reason and that may be against me for once." The older of the two sighed, looking down. "You seem to be the only one who doesn't make him uncomfortable and I trust you..." Minhyuk felt a cold hand pressing down on his own, resting on the restaurant table.

When Minhyuk looked up, he swears he could have melted when he saw the brightest smile on the photographer's face. Kihyun didn't say anything; he didn't have to. With just a small nod, Minhyuk had enough evidence to know that he could count on the smaller.

Kihyun's smile slowly started to disappear once salty tears started rolling down the other's cheeks and his bottom lip started trembling. He knew those were not happy tears, his eyes only screamed pain and once he felt the hand under his start shaking, he stood up and carefully took the older into the bathroom, frowning in concern as Minhyuk wiped his own tears with a paper towel.

'He was fine just a few minutes ago.'

"He's my baby, Kihyun... y-yeah, he may be moody, d-difficult and grumpy, most o-of the time, but I love that k-kid to death." Kihyun somehow understood. He was not a father and had never been, but he knew the worst pain of all would be losing a child. Everything you had given up, every small habit you had changed, restless nights and busy days, to raise a kid into the best person they could be. Just for everything to go in vain once someone or something takes your creation away from you.

He sighed, watching how just a few tears turned into a heartbreaking thunderstorm in the other's eyes. Kihyun was the type to smack someone's head and tell them to stop being a baby. He would yell at them until they had something else to cry over, he has even done it to his best friend Yoongi in a couple of occasions. Nonetheless, he could not do that to the hurt man in front of him.

He didn't know if it was because he was used to the man smiling brightly all the time and joking around, but looking at him in that stage was truly upsetting Kihyun. So he did what he thoght was right and brought the older into a very tight embrace, the crying man didn't think twice before burying his face into Kihyun's neck, letting out all his sorrows, printing them on the other's smooth skin. He didn't mind, non of them did.

Minhyuk was hurting, but nothing was certain yet and he was in Kihyun's arms.

And Kihyun was okay with everything, he wouldn't usually be.

But he was, for some reason.

╳°»。 ∾・⁙・ ღ ➵ ⁘ ➵ ღ ・⁙・∾ 。«°╳

A/N: Okay, I know I neglected you all and I am truly sorry 😖. Everything has been rough these few months and to be honest with you all, I planned on just giving up on writing since I never found the motivation to do so. HOWEVER!!!!!!! I changed my mind when I saw that my work was being noticed more and you guys really seem to be enjoying it.

Thank you so so much for reading my books and keeping up with them. I truly do appreciate you and I hope you appreciate me too for coming back.

I SUPER DUPER LOVE YOU AND I'LL SEE YOU SOON, I PROMISE BABIES!!!!!!