Prologue

"Wow, Luka san, I'm so excited for the wedding," I said. "I've been shipping Meiko and Kaito for years!" Luka grinned at me.

"I think we're all excited, Miku chan," she said to me as she braided my hair. 

"And to think, it's happening in only an hour!" Luka yawned and stretched. I heard a small cracking noise.

"Goodness, Miku chan, these old bones are getting tired. I'm much to old to be a bridesmaid." 

"Don't be silly, Luka san. You're only twenty years old, after all." 

"There! I'm done. Now what do you think?" I looked in the mirror and gasped. I looked like a princess! With that thought I began humming World Is Mine. Luka laughed.

"Stay out of the spotlight today, Miku chan. It's not your wedding."

"Not yet!" I replied with a grin, and ran off. I wondered what Rin chan would think of my hair...  If she woul reach up to finger the braids...What her hair would look like, how her dress would fit her perfectly...

"Hold still," said Defoko with no passion. She's the one who does my hair every morning, you know. I watched in the mirror as she braided a last tiny braid. She then grabbed gel and a rubber band and swirled my hair up in its usual drilltails. Only this time, they were made with tiny braids. I began to fidget. "I said hold still. You undid that entire drilltail." I bowed my head respectfully.

"Gomenasai , Defoko." She made a sound of annoyance, rare for her.

"Stop. Moving." I blushed. Man, I was stupid. Defoko continued to do my hair.

"So, are you excited for the wedding?"

"I might not go," Defoko said. I gasped.

"What?"

"Somebody's got to keep Tei in check. You've gotta go, though. You'll make a very pretty bridesmaid." Suddenly, her tone turned teasing. "And I hear Kagamine Len will be there." I blushed like a tomato.

"Shut up!" Luckily Defoko had finished my hair in the nick of time, because I had jumped up and urned around. "Even if I do like him, you have no right to tease me! It's disrespectful and downright rude!"

"I'm sorry, Teto chan," she said. "It's just it's so obvious he likes you back."

"What? No he doesn't! I'll never have a chance with him..." I sighed, yet Defoko had the nerve to laugh in the face of my misery! 

"Have you seen him flirt with you at all, Teto?" I stood up and walked out, blushing, maybe Len did like me..?

I groaned. "Rin chan, I refuse to let you ruin my hair!" Rin glared at me.

"I won't mess it up, Len kun. I don't want to ruin Kaito kun's and Meiko san's wedding. Listen, I'm the world's best hairdresser, and you know it. This is your only chance to have me do your hair, take it or leave it." 

"Fine, I'll take it!" Rin chan expertly twisted my hair into a ponytail and grabbed some gel, sticking my hair up like bananas. She did all this in just a few fluid motions. Then I was done. What would Teto think? And would Tei come after me? I really hoped she got contained for the wedding. Tei freaks me out, dude. Yet my thoughts wandered to Teto, and soon I had a dreamy smile on my face,

"Now you do my hair." 

"What? I suck at doing hair." 

"Give it a go, Len kun," I said teasingly. "I'll get Luka to fix it." Surprisingly, he didn't suck. I attributed it to his Barbie phase back when we were five. Of course, we never really were five. As VOCALOIDS, well Piapro-loids now I guess, we don't age. But we still have memories of the past, flakes as they may be. I look at my hair. The back is up in a bun, my bangs are flowing. Luka can tough it up, but he did really good. I tell him so. Then, after thanking him, I get up to find Miku. I bet she'll love it. Maybe she'll brush a strand from my face—no, that's simply wishful thinking. We're friends, not—not lovers.