- Partner in Crime -

This is a request by Naomiplayz48, follow her, she is amazing and the most supportive person who writes amazing books, that are far better than mine will ever be. 

TW: Criminal activity, Mentions of Death, Murder, Grief, Swearing 

PETER'S POV

Being a criminal is not the easiest nor the best job in the world neither was it my decision in the first place.

Filled with grief my house was abandoned burnt to ash just like May had been, a soft joke had gone around my head that it was a save of money as she wanted to be cremated but even then dark humour had gone over the line. When living in an abandoned property is the best option, my only friends was the kin of spiders around me with their small homes in the corner of a unstable small warehouse just of the outcast of town . I worked alone for several years after May died it was harder to survive without her being there, the last remaining member of my family gone. 

I attended her funeral being showered by the cries from the heavens and sympathetic looks so l decided to take up a better job mainly during the night after refusing the therapy, my other job was to mourn her loss which l even find doing now. It had been revealed of Spiderman's relative passing and it was a lot to deal with, even though no one knew her identity seeing theories around the city made me tempted to bite my fingernails and tear my heart in two. Even if she was in heaven somewhere or some form of the after life it was heart-breaking that she only found our her nephew was Spiderman and risking his life to save others after her departure, even if she did know my secret and adored my nature she would not see kindly on my next actions. 

Dressed in all black with a few patches of colour the eyes were similar to the other costume apart from an attachment in my gloves. Retractable claws instead of webs like Wolverine but instead of them being my actual bones l managed to turn the webs into a solid which would fluctuate to their normal state with a chemical reaction change. Just like my other suit it was all based on new discoveries taking place from when l was 17 till l was 18 this hero was not seen by the neighbourhood as friendly but instead as a monstrous murderer.  For around a month or two due to my camouflage attachment l stayed hidden helping those like l would in the day but trusting the shadows to conceal me. Within the shadows they whispered desperate outcries of blood to spill the street and to let anger rage through my veins but for the longest time l ignored them. 

The turning point was an event in a local shop with a man too persistent to back down it was late at night a similar made dash in his eye and a beanie to match his dark nature. He was holding a small pistol to a lady's head demanding the cashiers money, it was quite a simple hostage situation that you would see in a bank but this was too far even for a few wades of cash from a small corner shop. I told him to back down and even though he didn't do anything really l noticed his finger inch closer to the trigger. The thief was so close to shooting her l screamed at him to back down but the man didn't listen he only shook his head and let a small smirk loose in attempts to mask his outstanding amount of terror. 

By the time l had attempted to step closer he was ready to end a life. Therefore l pulled the lady away with a quick movement as she crashed onto the ground, he attempted to shoot her so l went to land a punch to his side.

Suddenly the claws retracted stabbing him in the side as blood sprayed. My claws were patterned with it the richness of the red had coated my mask, now l could see red. The lady had gasped at my actions as she ran and screamed into the street, the cashier dialled 911 while the man passed out from blood loss. I could not remain there and as if my brain was on autopilot l used my claws to climb the breaks of the shop and made a mad dash to the nearest shadow of the night.