Chapter 5 : Talk.

Cross POV

I am at home with Palette and Dream. Ink was sentenced to rest by all the protectors when they heard of what happened yesterday. Actually, Paint hugged him. I suppose he lived something similar. Eraser (Reboot's Ink) was there, unlike last time.

I heard he had Error's personality. It could be me, but he seemed concerned for Ink, even if he said Reboot dragged him along.

Also... I took notice they were close... Are they a couple ?

Cross : Dream. Do you know what is Reboot and Eraser relationship ?

Dream : Hum ? Oh, well they are married.

Cross : What ?

I didn't expect that. Also, didn't Fresh joked about Template and Pale to date each other ?

Cross : ... Are the destroyer and protector fated to date ?

Dream : Huh ? No, Paint and Myriad aren't and you know how badly Error and Ink get along.

Cross : Hm.

I dunno.

Anyway since last time, I am thinking I should apologise to Ink. I mean, he did a lot for me... And it seems I really mattered to him.

Cross : ... Dream, can you open me a portal toward Ink's house ? I think we need to talk.

Dream : Well... If you promise me you won't fight, I guess I can.

He looks at me and stares straight in my eyes. I nod softly.

Cross : I won't fight him. I just feel like we should talk things out there.

He nods and raises a hand. He opens a golden portal. I cross the portal and wave at Dream, then turn to face the home of the creators' servant.

I knock on the door.

Fresh : Who's there ?

Cross : Fresh, is Ink still here ?

Fresh opens the door.

Fresh : Heya, Crossy-Cross. Yup. He is drawing in his atelier.

PJ : Hello mister Cross...

Cross : Hey, PJ. Sorry to intrude. I need to talk to your mom. Be good with Fresh, alright ?

I pat his head and then head to Ink's atelier. I knock.

Cross : Ink, can I come in ?

I hear a lot of noise, then see him open the door.

Ink : Hi, Cross. Do you need something ?

Cross : Yeah. I would like to talk with you for a bit. Can I ?

He nods and let me in. His atelier is filled with millions of different drafts of everyone. He also has a lot of books which I bet are either filled with information or more design... Or both.

Ink : What do... You want to talk about ?

He is averting eyes... Oh, yeah. That's the first time we talk alone since...

Cross : ... I wanted to apologise. I caused harm to innocent AUs and was unfairly upset at you. You only did your job.

Ink: ... It doesn't excuse me, Cross. I still... Did something horrible to you... It is me who should apologise. Not you. Please, don't blame yourself.

Cross : ... ... I have an idea.

He looks at me confused.

Cross : What do you say we start over ? That we become friends once again.

I smiled at him. He looks shocked... And begins to cry without breaking eye contact.

Cross : I-Ink ?! Sorry, don't cry over it.

Ink : "cry"?

He touches his cheek and notices the tears.

Cross : You... Didn't notice ?

Ink : I guess... I didn't... I never... Thought you would... Give me... Another chance...

He continues to cry and I softly hug him.

Cross : ... Thanks for being my friend, Ink.

Ink : I am the lucky one. Don't thank me.

I hear him faintly giggles.