10 *Why didn't I*

"Hey Autumn, I wrote a song." Zach says as they were just sitting on Zach's bed. Zach wanted to share his song with her. 

"Oh, can I hear it?" Autumn asked as she looked at the brunette boy. 

"Of course." He says with a smile. Autumn returns the smile and plays with her bracelett on her wrist. 

Zach stands up and goes to get his guitar on the other side of his room. He smiles and sits on the bed next to Autumn. She looks up and Zach starts to strum his guitar. He hums the melody and starts to sing. He turns to Autumn and looks directly into her eyes as he sings. 

Every time I think I'm closer to the heart
Of what it means to know just who I am
I think I've finally found a better place to start
But no one ever seems to understand
I need to try to get to where you are
Could it be you're not that far

You're the voice I hear inside my head
The reason that I'm singing
I need to find you
I gotta find you
You're the missing piece I need
The song inside of me

I need to find you
I gotta find you
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah

You're the remedy I'm searching hard to find
To fix the puzzle that I see inside
Panting all my dreams the color of your smile
When I find you it will be alright
I need to try to get to where you are
Could it be you're not that far

You're the voice I hear inside my head
The reason that I'm singing
I need to find you
I gotta find you
You're the missing piece I need
The song inside of me
I need to find you
I gotta find you

Oh yeah, yeah, yeah

Been feeling lost, can't find the words to say
Spending all my time, stuck in yesterday
Where you are is where I wanna be
Oh next to you
And you next to me
Oh, I need to find you
Yeah

You're the voice I hear inside my head
The reason that I'm singing

I need to find you
I gotta find you
You're the missing piece I need
The song inside of me
I need to find you
I gotta find you
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah

You're the voice I hear inside my head
The reason that I'm singing
I need to find you
I gotta find you
You're the missing piece I need
The song inside of me
I need to find you
I gotta find you
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, I gotta find you

Autumn listens to the words and smiles at Zach. Tears brim her eyes and a few slip out. The song and his voice was beautiful. She smiled and looked down. 

When Zach was done singing she threw her arms around him and hugged him. He followed her actions dropping the guitar and slipping his arms around her waist pulling her into him. Zach's head went into the crook of her neck, and her chin rested on his shoulder. He squeezed her tighter and smiled. 

During their long hug Zach though about the song. What if it wasn't about the mystery girl, what if the song was about Autumn? I mean sure, he wanted to know who the girl was, but ever since he met Autumn his life changed. Maybe Autumn was the missing piece. Zach found himself thinking about Autumn a lot. He loved her smile, and how it could brighten up any room. He loved how when she was nervous she would play with her charm bracelet on her wrist, or she would play with her hair. He loved her giggle and her laugh. He loved how beautiful she was, on the inside and out. How she always put herself in front of others. 

Zach's train of thought was interrupted when Autumn pulled away from the hug. She grabbed his shoulders and looked into his eyes. 

Zach stared back at her beautiful hazel eyes. He smiled and still had a hold of her waist. 

"Hi." Autumn said as she stared into his eyes. 

"Hi." Zach pulled Autumn closer, their lips so close they could've been touching. Everything stopped, the world froze, but Autumn being who she is cleared her throat and pulled away. 

"Zach, that song was amazing by the way." She said as she slid over. Zach cleared his throat and nodded. 

"Thanks, that means a lot." Zach says with a smile. Autumn mentally slaps herself and sighs. Why did she pull away? They were about to kiss, and she pulled away. Stupid Autumn. She sighed again and placed her hand on Zach's. He smiled and intertwined their fingers. She blushed and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, revealing her pink cheeks. 

"Hey you staying the night?" Zach asked as he looked at Autumn. 

"Yeah." She said softly. Zach smiled and stood up walking to his closet. 

"I'll get you a hoodie, and sweats." Zach said. Autumn nods and smiles. Zach brings the change of clothes and walks to his bathroom and changes. She sighs and looks in the mirror. She rolls her eyes, because she was upset at herself for pulling away. She walks out of the bathroom. 

She lays on Zach's bed with Zach and turns over. 

"Goodnight." She says, Zach looks over to see Autumn's back. He sighs and turns all the way over pulling Autumn into him. She turns around and snuggles her head into his chest. Zach smiles and plays with her hair. 

"Goodnight Autumn." He says as he smiles and closes his eyes. Autumn smiles and lets the dark take her, but before she was slowly drifting she heard a faint whisper, so quiet she could barley she hear it. 

"Why didn't I kiss you?" Then everything went black and quiet.