The Show Must Go On {14}

***Alexander’s POV***

                “So you know everything about me,” Neo said, lying on my bed, his head in my lap. “Thanks to that creeper Bennett. But I don’t know everything about you.”

                I was running my hand through his hair. “What do you want to know?”

                “You said you were in love once. Who was it with?” he asked.

                “Blunt,” I said, laughing. “You probably wouldn’t know him. Jacob Chambers, he went to the private school in town. I met him through our parents when we were younger, and we started spending more time together until we started dating. He was my first real relationship.”

                “How old were you?” Neo asked.

                “I was almost 15 when the relationship started,” I said with a shrug. “He was older than me. Not by much, but almost two years.”

                “Did you lose your virginity to him? Unless you were whoring around when you were 14,” he said.

                I rolled my eyes. “Yes, I lost my virginity to him.”

                “How old were you?”

                “15.”

                Neo let out a whistle. “Damn, starting them young.”

                “What’s it matter when I lost mine?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. “I could’ve been 15 or 51. I don’t get why people act like virginity is such a big deal.”

                “I just…I want to have sex because sex seems totally awesome, but I don’t want to have sex because I tend to regret my life decisions more often than not,” Neo said, his cheeks heating up in embarrassment.

                “Whenever you think you’re ready, have sex,” I said. “Only you know when you’re ready to have sex.”

                “Wow, the biggest fuckboy I’ve ever met has more respect than 90% of people I’ve met in my life,” Neo said. “You should be the face of ‘Not All Men’.”

                I tugged on his hair lightly. “Shut up. I just don’t like the idea of people being peer pressured into sex. It should be a choice, not a pressured mistake.”

                “I wondered how Donnie could ever apply the word ‘gentleman’ to you, but now I get it in a very, very vague and abstract way,” he said. “Although the last thing I will ever call you, is a gentleman. Well, at least call you that and mean it.”

                Vesper hopped onto my bed and was instantly snatched into Neo’s arms. I sighed as Neo cuddled my cat happily.

                “Hi cat,” he said. “I’m taking you home with me and loving you forever.”

                I plucked Vesper from his arms, and laughed at the wail of despair he choked out. He flailed his arms towards Vesper as I held the cat away from him.

                “Mine! My cat!” he snarled, biting my arm. “Muh cad!”

                “It’s my cat,” I said, letting Vesper crawl onto my shoulders. Vesper watched Neo suspiciously before nuzzling his head against my cheek.