Chapter 3

Stephen was sitting in the training dojo with Misty, a fluffy cloudterian with a red-and-white stripes tank top, and she was explaining to Stephen about self defence. She was going on about blocking your exposed spots and stuff, which made Stephen drowsy. He was nodding on and off, and just when he was about to sleep, he was smacked in the back of the head.

"WAKE UP, IDIOT!" Misty shouted, which made Stephen alert.

"I-I'M UP!!" he shouted.

Misty groaned, rolling her eyes. "This is pointless! You won't learn, and if you can't, then you'll end up dying before you even defeat one enemy, one enemy!!" Misty hissed at Stephen.

Stephen looked distressed by her rude comment. He started to tear up, which made Misty even more pissed.

"Look at this! You're fucking crying! This was a bad idea to even have you trained!" Misty shouted, making an agitated sound after.

Stephen went to stand up, but then Master Flint came in, looking upset at Misty. "Misty! Why are you shouting at Stephen?!" he asked, anger in his tone.

"He isn't taking this seriously!! He is falling asleep during my lessons! We should just let him be a normal guy, with a boring life!" Misty argued, pointing at Stephen.

Stephen gasped, while Master Flint glared at Misty. "Listen here, Mist: You can't judge a book by its cover! Leave Steph alone! He wants to help too! He has someone he cares about, and you're making it worse for him... and for our relationship." Master Flint hissed.

Misty gasped. "Y-you seriously care about Stephen, the trashy rabbit?! You need to know: he's garbage! He can't do shit!" she argued.

Stephen watched the two argue about him, which made him feel like a burden. So, he stood up, and went to leave, which made Master Flint confused. "Stephen?" he asked.

Stephen then exited the dojo, and headed to the forest, which was to his right, tears streaking his cheeks as he heard both Misty and Master Flint call for him. But he didn't listen. He just kept on running, hoping he wasn't a nuisance anymore. But then, while running, he became lost. He looked around, anxiety and nervousness flooding over him.

"Hello? Hello?!" he screamed.

But no response. He dropped to his knees and then leaned down to the ground, crying. He was lost in a forest, and he was alone... and hungry, as his stomach growled from being empty. Stephen frowned, and sat upwards, resting his butt onto his feet.

"Hello..?" he tried one last time, but there was no more responses, except one...

"Hello?" it sounded soft, and old. Stephen looked around, but then saw a bear in a purple robe and wearing a lime green crystal, which was shaped like a diamond. She looked sympathetically at Stephen, then frowned. "You're that bunny..." she said softly.

"Th-that... bunny..?" Stephen asked, sniffling a bit.

"Yes. That bunny with the spirit's powers on his side. Am I wrong?" the bear asked.

"W-well... I do have spirits following me... but I only received two spirit powers... future sight, and super strength..." Stephen wiped away one of his tears.

The bear then looked around, worry on her face. "We must go to my hut. It's not safe to talk out here." she said, gesturing for Stephen to follow her.

Stephen stood up, slowly following her, while unsure of if he should. He was led to a bigger tree, with a door at the stump as there was some windows around the bottom of the stump. The bear then opened the door, and walked down a set of stairs, Stephen following to see a small room, with bookshelves on the walls and across him was two bedrooms, as what Stephen assumed, and a cauldron was in the centre of this room. Some shelves had many items and bottled liquids on them, while others held books. Stephen looked at the bear, who was looking for a specific book from a bookshelf. Stephen didn't know what she was doing, but it seemed different then what he was used to.