10. A Strange Servant

Xiao Qing immediately stood before Wei Liuying and that strange servant. Even though he looked harmless, it was inappropriate for Wei Liuying to get close with other males.

"Ah, sorry," the young servant raised his hand. "I'm new here, so I want to ask for some direction."

Wei Liuying scrutinized the man's appearance. Was there any noble from other cities who come here recently? She clearly couldn't remember anyone, but her knowledge and information that she could receive were limited. She couldn't know that well whether this young man was lying or not.

"What do you want to know?" Wei Liuying spoke out.

The servant's eyes lit up when he heard Wei Liuying answered. "It's about this store. Is there any similar store that sold Chestnut Cake?'

"There are some others, but the best is this store."

"Ah, is that so?"

Looking at the long line of servants, the young servant felt dispirited. He looked like a sad puppy that had just lost his favorite food.

Wei Liuying looked at the young servant calmly. Her eyes were calmly analyzing the man's clothes and attitude. His way of speaking did sound a bit different, but it was still fairly similar. However, when the man raised his hand, Wei Liuying could see that there were marks of sharp wounds.

'Is he a soldier?'

Only soldiers usually have wound marks on their bodies. After all, they were faced with threats of war over and over again. It would be weirder if they didn't have any wound whatsoever in their bodies.

The young servant looked at Wei Liuying. "Miss, are you in a hurry?"

Xiao Qing frowned. She was about to snap out and tell the young servant to go away when she sensed Wei Liuying held her upper arm to stop her from speaking rashly.

Wei Liuying's eyes gleamed. "Is there anything else you want to ask?"

"It's this... do you know the best sweet in the capital city? I need to buy some popular ones for my Master before it's time for His Highness, the Fourth Prince, returned," the young servant said with a worried expression.

People who looked at his young and adorable face wouldn't be able to reject him so easily. However, Wei Liuying was completely calm when she was facing the stranger in front of her. Her brain circulated to think about what the young servant said rapidly.

"His Highness the Third Prince, Prince Ji Sheng will only return back tomorrow. You still have enough time to line up. There are only some pastries that are known to be good in the Capital City. This is already the best one," Wei Liuying pointed to the store beside her. "If there's nothing else, I'll excuse myself, Mister..."

The young servant sighed, seemingly ready to resign to his fate to line up. "You may call me Yang. Many thanks for the information, Young Miss. As my thanks, would you like to have a Chestnut Cake after I bought it?"

Wei Liuying arched her eyebrows. She was merely answering his question, and now he wanted to gift her an expensive Chestnut Cake? It was priced several dozen copper coins just for a single cake, which was an expensive price since the size was so small.

[A/N: Copper coins were the main unit for money in Ancient China. People in ancient times believed that the Heaven is round and the earth is square, which is one of the reasons why the copper coin has the round shape and a square hole in the center. A string of 1000 copper coins is equivalent to a liang/tael of silver, but in early history, the number is not standardized and can change depending on the economic situation]