01 | one

Amongst all the people that were surrounding her, she was the only one who carried a frown on her face

Amongst all the people that were surrounding her, she was the only one who carried a frown on her face. She glanced up to the ceiling and then at the mirror, she knew that she was fighting back her tears. Heaving a deep sigh she moved her hand closer to her right ear and started adjusting the earring. Soon, she noticed a woman entering the mirror frame and she swept her head in her direction.

She nibbled her lower lip as the lady placed her hands on her shoulders and then looked into the mirror,

"You're looking beautiful." Ameena said as she traced the edge of her lower eyelid with her ring finger and applied the kohl to the back of her daughter's earlobe. Amara just gave out a pale smile as a reaction to this.

"Don't worry. You would have a happy life." She blanched at her mother's statement. She was well aware of the fact that she was being forced into someone's life. She had convinced herself that the relationship she is going to commence today, won't last for long and that she would have to face the consequences.

Drowning down in the memory lane, she recalled how she had planned her wedding. Alike every other girl— even she had a fantasy, which she couldn't turn into reality.

The only thing that she knew was— she was getting married to a person who was nothing more than a stranger to her. Although, she had seen his pictures and it would be very untruthful of her to say that he wasn't good looking. He had those features one would always want to have in their partner. Tall and fit, deep brown orbs, symmetrical nose and light beard covering his facial skin. In short, perfection.

But looks had ceased to catch her attention now. She never understood the theories of love at first sight. She was very sure that people often mistake love with lust.

"Shall we go now?" Her mother's words managed to slide her back into the reality. It was time. Destiny had it's own plans and there was nothing that she could do to change it. Her lips curved faintly as she gave a nod to her mother.

Her mother pulled the veil over her head covering three fourth of her face, while she grabbed her lehenga as she stood up. The only sound that filled the silence between them was the sound of her bangles that kept on colliding with one another.

As she walked further, her eyes surveyed the crowd of people. There were only a few people who had showed up and she knew the reasons behind the absence of the others. The major reason being that she was going to get married to a guy who belonged to the other religion.

Her shoulders were hunched over and her footsteps were light and timid— wouldn't take long for people to notice that she was uncomfortable and insecure.
She knew that her family wouldn't have given much clarity about her past life to the Khuranas and that made her feel like a traitor. She was embarrassed and guilty about something that she wasn't responsible for. A part of her had already started feeling like a betrayer.

C A S T

C A S T

AMARA KHAN played by MAHIRA KHAN

VIHAAN KHURANA played by FAWAD KHAN

_______________________________