Chapter 1: Friday, October 25, 1985

Disclaimer and Author's Note: I do not own Back to the Future, Marty McFly, or any other of the original characters in the trilogy. I only own the characters that I have created. I only write for pleasure, entertainment, and because I love to write, not for profit. I hope you enjoy the story and hopefully I'll have more chapters out soon! Since the chapters are so long I won't post, like, every day, so just be aware. Please leave a comment if you want more or if something doesn't make sense. I want feedback! Thanks and enjoy! :)

     "Marty, are you going to Doc's place? If we hurry we can still make it to school on time," I say to my best friend, Marty McFly, through the telephone.

     "Yeah, Avery, I'll—I'll be there," he replies, trying to stifle a yawn. "Just give me, like, ten minutes." I walk over to my mirror and check my strawberry blonde hair, the phone cord unraveling behind me. "You didn't just wake up, did you?"

     "No, no I didn't—" He pauses and I hear some shuffling around. A loud slam. Probably from his dresser. "Well, maybe." I roll my eyes, but a smile is on my face. Marty oversleeps a lot. I get a little annoyed with his lack of punctuality, but I can't stay angry at him for long.

     "Well, try to hurry. I want to check in on Doc to see how he's doing. We haven't talked to him in a while, I'm starting to get worried." I glance at my clock that reads 7:58. "School starts in about fifteen minutes, so we can stop by, see how he's doing, then leave, alright?"

     "Yeah, yeah, sounds good."

     "But please hurry. I don't want you being tardy again. It'll be your fourth tardy in a row, I think."

     "Don't worry! I'll be fine. Strickland's not gonna catch me if I can help it." I laugh and he goes quiet again, hurriedly getting dressed. "Okay, I'll leave soon. See you at Doc's."

     "Okay, see you then. Later." I hang up and put the phone back down on my bedside table. Dr. Emmett Brown is one of me and Marty's best friends. I think he's super cool and his work is just amazing, though most people say otherwise.

     I check myself one more time in the mirror. I'm wearing maroon, corduroy suspender jeans, a white blouse with tiny black polka dots, a jean jacket, and white Reebok high-tops. I fix my hair into its regular style, right side tucked behind my ear, left side down in front. I grab a white scrunchie and put it on my wrist, then pause to make sure I haven't forgotten anything. My room is a light gray color and has a dresser in one corner, my mirror next to it, a writing desk, my closet, and various other things to keep me occupied. An empty coke can and a bag of chips sit on my bedside table, evidence of my late-night snack the night before. A few posters cover my wall, mostly of my favorite bands like Van Halen and Huey Lewis and the News. My desk is covered with papers and pencils from my writing, as well as some art pieces and paints. My writing journal lays open from a few days ago. My skateboard leans against the wall. A sweater is draped over my bed, along with a pair of shoes at the foot of one of my bed posts. It's not the cleanest of rooms, but I like it. I feel as if I'm too busy doing school work and helping Doc to clean my room entirely, but it's good enough for me.

     I walk out of my room and down the hallway, past my older brother, Christopher's room. His door is closed and I hear him snoring. Then I hear his alarm go off, beeping at him. He hates getting up before noon and always tries to ignore the clock. I open his door and he has his pillow over his head, trying to block out the noise.

     "Wake up! You've gotta get to class on time." He ignores me, but I continue. "Don't be annoying, just get up before Mom has to tell you."

     "Your voice is more annoying than the alarm clock," he groans underneath the pillow. He takes it off of him and his dirty blond hair sticks out in all directions. I turn his bedroom light on, blinding him, trying to speed up this process. I'm the one who usually has to wake him up. Lucky me. He attends Hill Valley University, but still lives here at home. He thinks Mom and Dad will pay for everything and wait on his every need if he still lives here.