Chapter Two: Friday, October 26, 1985 (and late for school)

(The picture above is Avery's face claim; I don't know who this is, but I give all credit to them)

Disclaimer and Author's Note: I do not own Back to the Future, Marty McFly, or any of the other original characters in the trilogy. I just love to write. I hope you enjoy the story and hopefully I'll have more chapters out soon! Please leave a comment if you want more or if you want to leave feedback. I want it! I've also posted this story on my Quotev account, ReesetheFangirl if you want to check out some other things I've posted. Thanks and enjoy! :)

     Marty and I zoom down the street, both of us catching the back of a blue truck which takes us to town square. He lets go, kicks off harder, and grabs a hold of another truck, making him ahead of me, but I grab the car right behind him. I ride for a bit but let go, passing Marty, who is still hanging on, and gives me an annoyed look. I smile in satisfaction that I'm beating him in our unintentional race to school.

      I try to ignore the fact that I'm about twenty minutes late for school by glancing around at town square (though I'm still freaking out); the giant, white, brick courthouse with its towering columns and clock tower is at the heart of Hill Valley. The clock tower placed on top of the courthouse hasn't worked since forever. No one has heard the chiming of its bells in decades. I wave to the people dancing in Lou's Fitness Aerobics Center, where I take dance class. Marty waves to them too, and the people wave back, though I don't know if they're greeting me or him. I speed up and hang on to another car which takes me to the end of the street, passing Bank of America. A sign in the grass near the courthouse says "Welcome to the City of Hill Valley." I look behind me and my friend looks determined to beat me. The driver notices me looking in his direction and peers behind him, I suppose to give Marty a weird look, and Marty waves at him in a funny gesture. I laugh and the car I'm hanging onto takes me past the Town Theater, now used as a church, and almost to school.

      I let go of the car, jumping up on the sidewalk, and speed towards school. Marty keeps hanging on to a jeep but let's go and jumps on the sidewalk right in front of me, making him the "winner" of our little race.

      "Well, we all know who the winner is..."

      "That didn't count, we weren't racing," I reply, not wanting to admit that he won.

      "Oh, c'mon, I totally got here first," he says while getting off his skateboard and rushing up the cracked front steps.

      "We'll have a rematch later," I promise him. Our high school is a faded white color, with lots of graffiti on the outside and some dead trees.

      Marty and I are about to run inside the school, me trying to come up with a good excuse as to why we're late, when a girl with big brown curls, a white and black shirt, a pale pink jacket and light colored jeans runs up to us.

      "Yo, Jennifer."

      "Hi Jen—"

      "Guys, don't go this way, Strickland's on the lookout, especially for you, Marty. If you get caught, it'll be four tardies in a row," she warns as she pulls us around the corner to a side entrance. Anxiety rolls around in my stomach. I've never been this late for school. Will I get detention?

      Jennifer opens the door and we sneak inside, the halls eerie and empty. Everyone must be in class. I try to silence my steps as we walk through the school. Jennifer pauses at a corner and peers around it, looking for any sign of our unbearable principal. She sighs in relief and motions for us to follow.