chapter I

Screams were heard everywhere around Forgotten Hollow. Spellcasters were slaughtered in the hands of the blood-sucking creatures and their children's blood being used to keep the vampires alive and give them even more strength than they already have. The children's cries thumped in Raven Kim's ears and the thought of her own children being used in such a vicious manner at the hands of the enemy made her shudder. Her young daughter,Hyejin tugged on her sleeve as the sneaked around the tall walls of brick surrounding the homes of her fellow spellcasters,who were sadly massacared by the vampiric monsters. Raven's son Francis looked over at his mother,his wide pink eyes staring in fear. The view of spellcasters being murdered by the enemy caused Raven a flicker of anguish and regret. That was how her husband,Seo-Jun was killed. ''I'm scared,Mama..'' Francis whispered,tears in his eyes. Raven wiped her tears with her sleeve and smiled reassuringly at the young boy,however she herself didn't know whether everything will be alright. The vampire guards were gone,Raven thinking that they were after a different set of spellcasters. They moved forward,noticing the river they had searched for so long. Raven sighed in relief,there was nobody there,no sound,no sights of others,just Raven and her three children. Hyejin took out a beautifully carved wooden basket and carefully placed it on the awfully dry sand. Raven then unwrapped her baby son. She hated what she about to do,and she didn't know if she will ever see him again. At least he wasn't going to be killed or used for being the son of the most despised witch in all Forgotten Hollow. ''My son,I have nothing I can give...except this chance that you may live..I pray we'll meet again..'' she sang the lullaby she had produced inside her head. ''If they will deliver us...''

Francis and Hyejin cuddled on the grass,tears in both of their eyes. ''Hush now,my baby,be still love don't cry..'' she continued. ''Sleep as you're rocked by the stream...Sleep and remember my last lullaby,so i'll be with you when you dream...'' she kissed her baby son's head and reluctantly placed him in the basket. Raven turned to her older children and they all ran to hug her,watching little Vireo for the last time. She took a deep breath and shakingly placed the cover over the basket and placed it on the river. She prayed that the river was going to run gently and suddenly found herself being seized away from her children. ''I found the witch,Jett!'' a vampire guard yelled. Jett..that name was familiar to her. ''Mama!'' Hyejin screamed,fighting off the vampire guards. ''Hyejin baby,I know this is not the best time to say this..but I love you,and your brothers.'' Tears rolled down the redhead's cheeks as she looked at her daughter for the last time. Before Hyejin and Francis could run to safety,they were seized by vampire guards. The two never saw Raven again. They only heard her pleading screams,but to no avail.

She was brutally slaughtered by the vampire guards,with the leader of the vampires,Cody Jett watching his former ally get killed by his guards. Her screams were the last things Hyejin and Francis heard from their mother.

inspired by the prince of egypt <3