When we first met

Sza's POV (April 15, 2008)

Me and my best friend Sage is getting ready to go to lil Wayne's concert that is happening tonight in red block arena. "Mommy, do you think this lip bomb makes my lips look bigger?" I asked her while I was looking at the big mirror that was in her room. She got up right in front of me and said, "Solana what did I told you about loving yourself, you need to stop asking me if some parts of your natural beauty looks funny in some type of way" then she pinched my face and said, "besides you're going there to enjoy lil Wayne's music with sage or are you going somewhere else?" I chuckled and shook my head. Damn she can be annoying but funny at the same time. Yes that's my mother to y'all! Sage then came to mom's room and said, "come on Lana let's go, I can't fucking be late" "ok ok shit" I scolded her and we left.

We were waiting on this line that was outside of the red block arena for a good 10 minutes but we were very close to the entrance door so before we know it we'll be inside. The limo scene rolled through then out came the one and only, Lil Wayne the fucking goat! Then this new fresh face female rapper Nicki Minaj walked right behind him, I heard about her music a lot so maybe tonight if I enjoy her performance or whatever what her purpose of being here for, I might cop her music. Then some other dudes came out of the limo scene but one stuck out to me the most. He was light skin, sexy, beautiful eyebrows, he was just beautiful overall even with his sunglasses on. I didn't notice that I was staring at him that long because sage got me off of my trance to remind me that we can go inside. Me and sage got in and we got to one of the seats on the front row (yes we paid for our seats in advance, the shit you do just to see lil Wayne) the show didn't start til 8:55 pm then lil Wayne did his intro and started performing. Then after lil Wayne did his part then Nicki Minaj got on that stage and perform her songs that were so good (ok I'm definitely copping her mixtape cd) Sage and I was just up there screaming, vibing, and dancing like everyone else was. Then that cute light skin dude got on stage. Every girls including myself was screaming for him. Then he said, "thank u red stock for having me here, I go by the name of drizzy drake" oh so his name is drizzy drake, I'll note that to myself. Then he started performing and nigga, he was good, but his presence is what made this night more amazing. Then came a moment where he was touching all the girls hands from the crowd as much as he could. And me being that naive fan girl that I am, I held my hand out for it to be touched by him. And guess what.... it did got touched by him! But he held on to my hand a little longer and I was very star struck and speechless! He stared at me a little longer and got to my ear and said, "after show, meet me backstage, bring your friend along if you want" then he winked at me and continued on with the show. Needless to say, this is the best concert that I had ever been to!!

The show was over and everyone was leaving the arena. Sage said, "yo solana I wanna go home, I'm too tired and worn out from all the energy that I had for the concert, when you meet drizzy drake just tell me how it went down tomorrow morning" then she walked out. What does she mean "went down"? Anyways I walked to the backstage and already was nervous and anxious of meeting him. I was about to turn around and walk away but somebody tapped me on my shoulder, it was him! "Hey and where do you think you are going" he said with so much dominance (what! I can get pretty submissive real quick) "um I was looking for you but i didn't see you around so I was gonna go back home" I said but I was shaking a little bit because I was getting really nervous and anxious. "Well you see me now, what's your name?" He asked. "My name is Solana Rowe" I said. "Well my name is Aubrey Graham aka-" "drizzy drake" I said cutting him off. "No, just drake" "oh, my fault" "it's fine, a lot of people get mixed up with stage name" "so should I call you drake or drizzy" "I rather you call me something else if you know what I mean" he said with a sultry voice eyeing me up and down which got me blushing. "Say solana, what is there is about you that I should know about" "um, that I'm a struggling r&b alternative singer and I'm 17 years old" I said and he just nodded after every word that I said. "So you're a singer singer" "yes I can sing" "alright, follow me to my dressing room" then I followed him there. The journey there was kinda nerve wrecking because I was having a little panic attacks, what happens if he said that my voice is terrible, or what happens- "we're here" he said which distracted me from my panic attack thoughts. "Don't be so nervous, cuz god knows that I ain't even a good singer but I still be singing my ass off" he said which made me laugh. "Wow you got a beautiful sounding laugh and smile, like to see that more from you" "thank you" Drake sat on his chair facing me and said "sing for me please, like any song you want to sing" So for some reason I started singing "I'm goin down" song by Mary j. Bilge. After I was finished he got up clapping for me and said, "you got that unique raspy, but sexy voice that can touch people's heart, even my own" he got closer to me when said that. And damn he's so tall, obviously a lot taller than me. "Wait so you really like my voice?" "Of course, In fact here, write down your phone number where I can call you by, I need you to sing some background vocal for this song that I'm working on." I finished writing my phone number down on the index card and passed it to him. Then he passed his phone number card to me. "Remember to keep an eye out for my phone call" "I will, thank you" I said then walked out and walked home. This is the best night ever!

Only for it to be the start of the blossoming relationship that started out great and went downhill from there