To Stay or Go?

After talking with Alex I really had to evaluate what he was saying because maybe he was right. I mean I had been traveling all over for work and my spare time was spent doing even more work. I mean styling was great pay and you could travel all over the world but if I had to choose then I would want to be designing. I mean at the end of the day I could get back to street-wear but if Karl Lagerfeld wanted me to come on board as a fashion advisor or helper in any way then I was going to grab that opportunity. At the end of the day I imagined myself having my own label and fashion show that was the end goal. Now the main question was whether I could do this with the company or if I would have to break apart from them? At lunch that day with Tyra and Samaya I had to open up the conversation and see where they were heading towards.

Samaya, "So what's going on? I mean I came into work today and it was packed"

Me, "Yeah Alex called a full on meeting. He wants everyone there to talk about the future of the company"

Tyra, "What does that mean? I mean are we closing down or something?"

Me, "No, we are just talking and trying to see what's the best direction. He's going to talk some more about some upcoming projects and what not"

Samaya, "Did you know that he was coming back from Australia?"

Me, "No, I had no idea"

Samaya, "Yeah, Alice told me that he called her at like 2 in the morning asking if she could book a private jet for him to come in and she said that he was in the office as soon as he landed. What's that about?"

Me, "I mean he's the co-owner of the company. He has the right to come in and see what's going on. I wouldn't think too much of it"

Tyra, "Look Kai you're blood can you tell me what's going on?"

Me, "I have no real idea. I mean Alex and I talked today and he basically wanted me to choose between designing my own stuff and styling and that's where you two come in"

Samaya, "What do you need us to do?"

Me, "Well I don't want to like pressure in anyway but I need to know that if things don't work out and I have to leave the company where would you stand"

Samaya, "We are both coming with you no matter what, I mean you are the reason that we are here"

Me, "Okay, well if I stop styling then I have to share my clientele and I would want you guys to split the clients that I have. Could you manage that?"

Samaya, "Yeah. I mean you don't have that many clients but they do pull in money"

Me, "Exactly and you guys have been around them and know how they work. So I would only trust you two with them but if I stay along and start a new division would you guys cross over"

Tyra, "Yeah, I mean what would we be doing?"

Me, "Well that's the thing it would be an all new division and we would be starting from scratch. I think I can convince Alex to get a third investor to try and start up our own fashion division where we can push some original pieces"

Samaya, "Okay, I mean we could come on as consultants or assistants or something but what would be looking for style-wise? I mean would we be doing a street-wear or more of a high fashion look?"

Me, "I mean I haven't thought about that at all. I don't really know"

Tyra, "If you are going to present the third division then you would have to be the head of that department and make sure that you knew all the details about what was going on. That's a lot for you to take on and still do the private lines"