1| Only the beginning

"Keep life moving forward, looking backward is only for time travelers"

Y/N POV:

Pain was coursing through my body with each agonizing step as I make my way through the back alleyways of large buildings. Darkness seems neverending and whoever is running things above is just screwing with me.

"Y/n get back here or someone is going to die."

Guilt fills my chest knowing the masked man will follow up on his threat but I need to take my chance and leave.

Blood dripped to the floor from the deep gash on my arm from running under a metal fence. I would say that I'm used to being cut open but pain is pain and blood loss is not ideal.

A bright light emits from a break in the building and hope blooms in my chest. I run even faster knowing that there might be a hero to help me.

"Oh c'mon now y/n are you really that shellfish to let someone die for your own freedom?"

His words cause me to stagger on my footing almost bringing me to a stop. For a moment -a quarter of a second- I consider turning around and surrendering to Overhaul so no one has to die because of me, but that bright light of freedom wins in the end and I continue to run.

As I get closer to the light, black spots invade my vision and I start to sway on my feet. I could hear Overhaul's footsteps pick up into a run and a string of colorful words leave his mouth. I'm so dead if he catches me.

Faster and faster, my feet carried me towards the sunlit street and to possible freedom.  I'm so close it's like I can smell it.

After an eternity of torture, I reached freedom, but it all comes crashing down when I ran into something hard and my body gave out completely. Within a second I'm swallowed whole by the black abyss.

Fuck.

Shinso's POV:
(A few moments before)

"Hey Aizawa, can you tell me what the entrance exam will be like?"

The old man let out an annoyed sigh, bringing his index finger and thumb to pinch the bridge of his nose, "I wouldn't tell you even if I knew. Now stop asking or I'll stop training you."

Aizawa and I had just finished an excruciating training session (mainly for myself) and I was so ready to go home and rest.

I don't think I'll be able to move tomorrow. Aizawa worked me to the bone.

I was ripped out of my thoughts when I felt my shoulder collide with someone, "oh, I'm sorr-"

I stop when suddenly I see a brunette girl fall to the floor covered in dirt and blood. Her clothes were tattered and worn, with cuts and bruises littering her body. The thing that worries me the most is when I see blood -her blood- rapidly pool underneath her.