- [♡] ; iii.

At least we're under the same sky

//

Y/n took a deep breath in and smoothed out her skirt. She hoped the task they were to do would be easy, she wasn't exactly in the participating mood. The examiner, who had just entered the tunnel, glanced throughout the room.

"I apologize for the delay. The entry period for hunter applicants is officially closed." He announces, earning looks and upset yells in return.

As everyone began to quiet down, he started to speak about the dangers of the exam.

"Keep in mind there's a very real chance you could end up severely injured... or dead." He cautioned further, "If you are not willing to accept these conditions, kindly exit through the elevator."

Y/n smiled slightly. She knew no one who had made it here would turn back, including herself. Home wasn't much of a home, so where else should she take herself to? Even one here seemed to bring themselves to a no return point when they decided to take this exam. Before she could think on it any further, the examiner spoke again.

"Right, then! All 405 applicants will now participate in phase one!"

He began to march, his legs stretching out to farther lengths than they should.

Y/n sighed and patted her skirt. She was hoping luck would be on her side, but it's never been. All of the examinees began to follow after the lavender haired man. It was such a boring task to just jog. Y/n thought a much better choice would be... well anything but running.

She looked around to the people near her, and tried to spot someone to talk to. No one here seemed like they wanted to be associated with the young girl. People seemed to out right avoid her, except that boy from earlier. She had other things to worry about, however. Specifically, the examiners increase in pace.

The examiner looked behind him. "How rude of me, I've neglected to introduce myself," he began. "I am Satoz, your examiner for the first phase. My responsibility is to lead you all the the second phase."

"Second phase? What happened to the first?!" Someone yelled from the crowd.

"The first phase is already underway." He stated, glancing behind him. "All you have to do is follow me to the next phase!"

"Deadass?" Y/n muttered. "Way to easy for the hunter exam..."

"Yeah, this exam is weird."

"Sounds like an endurance test to me! Hey, just keep running, pal! I'm right behind you!"

Y/n turned her head to the people speaking, and found 3 boys who looked around her age.

She giggled, pointing out how they were not right behind the examiner. The others laughed along with her, and y/n's spirits lifted. The Hunter exam seemed much easier when you weren't so gloomy.

She was about to introduce herself to the group, when the tallest of the three started yelling at someone. Y/n turned her head and found it was the boy she had shared her candy with earlier. 'What was his name again? Oh, that's right.'

"I mean quit using a damn skateboard! That's cheating!"

"How so?"

"How?! This is an endurance test!"

"No it's not" the boy with the spikey hair butted in. "The examiner man only said to follow him." Y/n nodded in agreement.

"Who's side are you guys on?" He hissed. Y/n was about to answer, and tell him 'no one's', until Killua skated over towards her and the spikey haired boy.