Chapter 2

{January 15 2001}

"Alice! Alice wake up! Your so cold, your lips are blue...What happened?" I heard the voice of some guy, and I could barely open my eyes because I was so weak. The sleep around my eyes seemed to feel frozen. When my eyes were finally open, I saw Riley shaking my shoulders and his warm breath blowing on my face. It was probably around midnight and as I stirred he smiled and then stood me up on my feet holding onto me. 

"R-Riley?" 

"Yeah?"

"I thought you told Kate you would never see me again." He nudged me to start walking down the road as he held onto me and held me tight to his side. I couldn't believe how warm he felt. My head rested on his shoulders. 

"Kate is a total Bitch." I laughed at his words and I felt him shake as he laughed also. "But since she's my girl friend I like to make her think I'm doing as she says." I smiled glad that I'm still his friend. I try to move my hand, but then yell out in pain when I do so. Riley looked shocked and stared at me. "You okay? Did I hurt you?" 

 I shook my head. "No...I punched a mail box and I think I broke my hand." He looked back up and then we kept walking. 

"Quit hurting yourself."

"Why do you care?" I asked a little annoyed. 

"because...because I used to do the same thing." I was taken aback by his words and looked over at him. 

"Why? Your, your so beautiful..." He laughed and then flipped his hair out of his eyes. He bit down on his lip and then looked down at me. 

"I had my reasons..." I looked away embarrassed at how close our faces were. He seemed not to mind and then chuckled. 

"So where are you taking me?"

"My house." I stopped in place and so did he. He took his arm off of me with a questioning face.

"Your house? You're not some pedophile are you?" He laughed a little to hard and then lowered his face so close to mine I could feel his breath on my lips.

"Only if you want me to be." I pushed him away and then screamed. He laughed and then put his arm back around me and nudged me to keep walking, but I lifted his arm off of me and then kept walking. 

"I can walk now. It's okay." He nodded and then stuck his hands back into his pockets. "So why are you taking me back to your house?"

"Well...my mom has been bugging me about grand children..." I slapped him aside the head, but he kept laughing even more. After he was done laughing he finally told me. "I thought maybe I could patch you up a little and give you some where to stay for tonight."

"Won't Kate be there?"

"Holy shit slow down we're not engaged" I smiled when he said they were not engaged, but when he saw me I hid my smile. He surprisingly smiled also.

"But why not? You guys are so...perfect together." He sighed and pushed his hair out of his eyes. A cold breeze sent shivers down my spine.

"I'm not that in love with her though...I mean don't get me wrong, I do like her...but every time i'm around her she just acts like she owns me, ya know?" I nodded my head because I got exactly what he said. It kinda seemed like she was being pretty bossy.

"Then why don't you break up with her?" He kicked a little rock and then turned his head to look at traffic before we crossed the road. Of course there weren't many cars though.