Line 1: I'll be back

This story is about the song Suffocate, by Hayd.  I do NOT own this song, I just really like it.  I would recommend listening to it before reading.  This is the song listed above.

~×~

"Hey baby, momma's just gonna go grab her jacket and then we'll be off.  M'kay?"

"Sure mommy!" I squealed like the 6 year-old I was.  I bounced in place by the front door as I waited.  Just a minute later she returned with a jacket and a suitcase.  I gave her a questioning look, but didn't ask.

I didn't really care.  All I knew was that I was going to Uncle Bunny's house.  Uncle Bunny wasn't my real uncle, but I didn't mind.  He always gave me icecream if I was obedient.  I was always a good boy, so I got lots of icecream!

"Okay baby, let's get going."  She opened the door and walked out to the car.  After she put the suitcase in the trunk, she buckled me in the backseat, and got in the driver's side.  "Now, are you gonna be a good boy for Uncle Bunny?"

"Yes mommy!  I'm always a good boy!"  I giggled.

"Of course you are baby.  And mommy loves you very much.  Don't ever forget that."

"I love you too mommy!"  I clapped my hands before looking out the window and getting entranced by the scenery.

I've always loved the outdoors.  I don't know what I would do without them.  Seeing the way the world is built to work is amazing.  I try to tell my friends how beautiful it is, but they never seem to understand.

All they care about is crashing cars into each other over, and over, and over.  I just don't get it.  I would rather learn how cars were made.

Before I got too irritated in my thoughts I went back to enjoying the view.

About half an hour later I screamed "WE'RE HERE WE'RE HERE!!!!"

My mon flinched but smiled.  "Yes here we are baby.  Let's go in, m'kay?"

We got to the door and I jumped up to hit the bell.  Instantly Uncle Bunny flung the door open and scooped me up.

"Buddy!  It's been too long.  I don't think I would have lasted another minute without you!" He said dramatically.

Uncle Bunny never called me by my name, I'm not even sure he knew it!  The first time we met, mom introduced me as 'her little boy'.  I was too shy to come out from behind her legs.  Uncle Bunny grabbed some bunny ears from another room, got down in my level, and started hopping like a rabbit!

"Hey Buddy, do you know what my name is?"

"Uncle Bunny!" I screamed, wanting the headband.  I reached for it and he gave it to me, straightening it out on my head.

His voice got a little bit deeper as he wispered "Look at you little Buddy, just like a rabbit."

The names stuck ever since.

Back to present

"I missed you too Uncle Bunny!  I love you!"  I gave him a big wet kiss on the cheek.  Looking into his eyes, something changed.  He seemed really happy.

"I've got him from here Jane." He passed her a thick white envelope and grinned.  "Don't worry, we're gonna have lots of fun!"

She paled ever so slightly before giving a weak smile.  She handed him my favourite green backpack.  Just before she retreated to the car, she gave me a hug and wispered in my ear, "I love you baby.  Don't ever forget me.  I wish I could stay...  I wish I could stay, but I need some space, and your in the way.  I'll be back."

BCRo
November 19, 2020
Thanks for reading
:)