Almost- Angst

Jake walked down the halls of Alabama high, his black hoodie up. His head was tipped down and he was in a very, very foul mood. His entire behaviour suddenly changed after the band competition. It was a mystery nobody in the entire school could solve. He became more quiet, more cold and shut everyone out.

Jake opened the door to the music room and was met with everyone laughing. He silently entered the room and shut the door behind him. Nobody seemed to notice his existence. "Okay Hailey, you're up!" Luke chided. Jake's eyes landed on Luke's hands, which were entwined with Zander's. There was a stabbing pain in his chest, and his breathing became rapid.

Jake glared at Luke. He couldn't help but feel slight hatred for the brown haired boy. He probably secretly hated him. Who wouldn't? Jake was a bully after all. Must feel happy for getting Zander, for having someone Jake never wanted so badly in his life. He could hear all the snide comments. What a loser? Can you believe he used to like Zander? Like Zander would ever go after a worthless piece of-

Jake felt someone's hands on his shoulder and he looked up to see Luke softly smiling at him. "Hey Jake...you okay?" He asked.

What happened next, even Jake couldn't explain. It was like something in him snapped, all the anguish he had been keeping in suddenly let loose. "I HEARD EVERYTHING YOU PIECE OF SH**!" he screamed, using all of his might and punched Luke on the face, knocking him onto the drums. A bruise had already started to form, and Jake gasped as he could see blood running from the back of Luke's neck.

"Zander?! GO AWAY'' Jake yelled, squeezing his eyes shut again. He couldn't face Zander after what he did to his Boyfriend. He felt Zander pull at his arms again and he was unfortunately successful. "JAKE LISTEN TO ME" He yelled, gripping Jake's arms so he wouldn't block out any noise. "W-Why are you here....?" Jake asked, his voice cracking. "I wanted to see if you were okay...." He spoke softly. Jake bursted into tears and cried into his palms. "I'm sorry....I'm so, so, so sorry...." He apologised in between sobs.

"Shh....it's okay..." Zander comforted. Jake's head snapped up and he pushed Zander back. "No! It's not okay! How could you say that after...after..." he stammered. Zander sat up and wrapped his arms around Jake, catching him in a warm embrace. This shocked Jake, as he reluctantly hugged Zander back. He broke down, sobbing into Zander's shoulder, eventually screaming out in pain, frustration and guilt. "Feeling better...?" Zander asked after Jake quieted down, and Jake slowly nodded, sniffling. He slowly pulled away, and Jake already missed the warmth. Zander used his finger to tilt Jake's head up, sharing eye contact. "Listen...I don't know why you did that to Luke...and I am angry...but I could see the horror in your eyes" Zander whispered. Jake turned his head away but Zander used his fingers again to turn Jake's face. "Look at me..." he whispered. "I need you to tell me what's wrong, I can't help you if you're locking us out..." he said.

Jake nodded and Zander softly smiled, making Jake's heart flutter. Their faces were a few mere inches away from each other. Zander's eyes landed on Jake's lips and Jake gulped. Their faces slowly inched closer and Jake closed his eyes, waiting for the impact. Zander's lips brushed against Jake's but it stopped there, and Jake could feel Zander pull away in alarm.

"No...No...No...we can't I..." Zander paused standing up. "Sorry I...I love Luke! He's m-my boyfriend..." Zander rambled, the panic in his voice clear. Jake stared at the ground, not moving an inch. His eyes were dull and he only felt clear and sharp pain. "It's fine...." He whispered, standing up. "Jake I'm-"

"I'M FINE!" Jake yelled, the hurt in his voice loud. He held back his tears and looked down. "I....I just need some time alone..." he whispered, rushing out of the bathroom.

A/N

I was bored, it was 4 am, and I wanted to write some angst XD

ALSO THIS KILLED ME-