Chapter 1: It's So Hard To Say Goodbye

WARNING: This chapter maybe emotional to some. I tried my hardest writing this without tearing up so just grab your tissues

How do I say goodbye to what we hadThe good times that make us laughOutweighed the badI thought we'd get to see foreverBut forever has gone awayIt's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday

The good times that make us laugh
Outweighed the bad
I thought we'd get to see forever
But forever has gone away
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday

"We are gathered here today for the homecoming of Chandra Alsina. God called her home on Christmas Day and it took us all by suprise. Chandra was battling a long fight with cancer. She left behind three beautiful daughters, Chaylin, Amaiya and Kayden. Her loving brother in-laws August and Travis, her sister in-law Netia. As heaven gained another angel, Mel and Chandra have been reunited above and are the guardian angels that watch over the Alsina family. Chandra will be deeply missed by not just the Alsina family but those who have ever been blessed to come in contact with such a soulful spirit."

A'leah

I quickly blinked my tears away as the pastor continued to give his touching eulogy. Chandra's passing was a suprise to all of us. August squeezed the life out of my hand as the pastor continued to speak. He hadn't cried at all since the day of Chandra's passing and I was worried. Thank god TMZ didn't get ahold of the news, hell I'm glad no blog got the news. August was brave enough to post about it and I knew it broke his heart to do so. He didn't want to but it was better him then those insensitive ass blogs.

August now has sole custody of the girls and they live with us. I could never replace Chandra's role as their mother nor would I ever try. But as the wife of their uncle I will do everything in my power to make sure they have a female role model to look up to. These girls no longer have parents and their so young. They need me just as much as they need August and I love them more than life itself.

I never questioned God but why would he take away both of their parents? Losing Mel was hard and now losing their mother is worse. So many restless nights Cha and I would stay up and just talk. She was so determined to beat cancer and it took her away from me, it took her away from her kids, it took her away from us. I hated how death was always so sudden and heart breaking. You could never find the right words to say to someone who's suffering a loss of a loved one.

"I-I can't do dis shit yo." August mumbled. He suddenly let my hand go and stormed off. All eyes were on him but he wasn't worried.

"Travis I'll be back." I whispered. Travis nodded and I quickly followed after August.

"Don't fucking follow me Leah!" August shouted.

"Baby.. I know-"

"What the fuck do you kno' Leah huh? You'n kno' shit so don't even try usin' yo' pysch degree on me. Save it fa' somebody who need it." He hissed.