Chapter One

Emma Swan wasn't your average teenage girl. She had a few issues that only her family knew about. She was 17 years old. She was a junior in high school and the only class she like was English. One day when she went to English class there was a new girl sitting at the desk next to her. She was quite attractive in Emma's opinion. Emma sat down in her seat next to the girl. "Hi, I'm Emma" Emma said to the girl. "I'm Regina" the girl replied. They both smiled and looked away from each other. The teacher (Miss Stephens) asked the class to get out their journals and free write. Regina didn't have a journal so she raised her hand and Miss Stephens handed her a journal. Emma pulled out a pen and began to write.
So there is a new girl in my class. Her name is Regina. She is really cute. There is something special about her. I know it. I can't wait to get to know her.

Emma looked over at Regina who was writing a lot. Regina wrote:
It's my first day at a new school. I don't know if I will like it here. The only person that has even paid attention to me is a girl named Emma. She seems nice. I think we could be friends. I don't really like the fact thay I had to switch schools in the middle of the school year. I had to leave my other school because when my mom found out she was pregnant she had to find a better paying job to support us. My dad isn't around much. He works in an antique shop in Maine. I used to be really close to him. He always fought with my mom though. My mom is dating this guy named Killian now. He's okay I guess.

As Regina finished her sentence Miss Stephens put on a video about complex sentences. Emma looked at Regina and smiled. Regina smiled back. Emma took out a piece of paper and wrote her cell number down on it. She slid it over to Regina and whispered "Text me later." Regina smiles and nodded as she folded up the piece of paper and put it in her pocket. Emma smiled to herself. She really wanted to get to know Regina. When the video was over the bell rang and everyone left except for Emma and Regina. "Do you know where your next class is?" Emma asked her. "Not really..." Regina replied. "Do you have your schedule?" Emma asked. "Yeah. Here it is." Regina replied as she handed it to Emma. "Oh we have math class together." Emma said with a smile. "Where at?" Regina asked. "Just follow me" Emma replied as she walked out the door. Regina follwed close behind her nervously. "Where did you move from?" Emma asked. "Just a little town outside of Maine" Regina replied. "Oh. What made you want to come to Boston?" Emma asked. "My mom wanted a better paying job. She is pregnant with.my sister and my dad isn't around." Regina answered. Emma walked into the Math classroom and sat down in the back. Regina sat next to her and smiled. The teacher handed Regina a math textbook and smiled. "Welcome to our school" the teacher said. "I'm Miss Lucas. You must be Regina" she finished. "Yeah..." Regina responded. Miss Lucas walked to the front of the classroom and began teaching. Emma focused most of her attention on Regina. She might finally have a friend for once. Emma whispered "When do you have lunch Regina?" she smiled. "Next" Regina whispered back. "Me too" she replied. Before Emma knew it class was over and her and Regina headed to the lunch line. "School food is pretty gross" Emma said to Regina. "I can tell by the smell." Regina replied with a chuckle. Emma laughed softly. "I will probably just eat something when I get home." Emma mumbled. "Me too" Regina replied. Emma and Regina went and sat at a lunch table. "So do you like this school yet?" Emma asked. "I guess it's alright. I might have to just get used to it." Regina replied. "It will get better. I will always be here for you Regina" Emma said with a smile. "Thank you. This really means a lot to me" Regina said softly. "Of course" Emma replied. Emma and Regina both groaned as the bell rang for them to go back to class.