Chapter Two

Briana's POV

Briana's POV

Rushing out of the elevator, Bexley sleeping in my arms I saw a bloody Elijah sitting down in the waiting room looking over his hands in shock.

"Elijah?" I asked him my voice cracking, and tears forming in my eyes. He looked up at me with green teary eyes, he got up, looking in shock, I was gonna hand him Bexley but he stepped away abruptly.

"I-I-I I gotta um wash my hands before I touch her." he stuttered. I was stunned, I had never seen him like this, ever. It just solidified the fact that now I have to be strong for the both of us, well technically the three. We only have each other left, and there was no way in hell I was letting this mess up Bexley. I looked around for the closest bathroom finding one near the elevator.

"Um, over there, Elijah." I motioned with my head towards the wooden door, but he didn't move. I pushed him gently, but still, he didn't move. Once he was in the bathroom, I laid my head against Bexley's gently, letting my tears escape my eyes. I looked up to the ceiling, trying to stop the water works, while I shook my head lightly, trying to shake the bad thoughts about my sister. I jumped when I felt someone touch the bottom of my back, turning to see him standing over us with his arms reached out towards Bexley, I handed her over to him and he instantly caressed her head.

"Um, her room is 406 if you want to see her. I wanted them to keep her there." he forced through a rough voice, he sounded like he had been crying for ages. My body pulled me towards her room, the closer I got, the more I felt like I was in a dream, no, not a dream, a nightmare. I really hope it was just a very realistic nightmare, and I would wake up to her screaming at me that I'm late, once again. I got to the door, I hesitated, opening it, feeling as the tears came back like an unwanted sickness. I couldn't force myself, I rested my hand on the door handle and my forehead against the wood door. When was I going to wake up?  

"I-I don't think I can do this." I heard myself say, like I was watching a movie, eager to know if the girl was dead. A tear slipped down my cheek when I closed my eyes, letting my hand twist the handle, I pushed the door open cautiously. There she was, Briana, laying there on the pristine white hospital bed, her body covered by a stiff looking blanket. A nurse was wiping the makeup she had on off, when she looked up at me startled, she grabbed her stuff carelessly and left the room. On her way out she mumbled sorry for your loss and that's when it hit me, this wasn't a movie I was watching, this wasn't a nightmare. Briana was dead, really dead. I felt lifeless as I walked towards her, not completely sure that my feet were actually hitting the ground, she had lost the natural glow her dark skin had. it's like the life had left her body, leaving her shell, a hallow shell. I put my hand to her cold cheek, trying to get a glimpse into her death. Hopefully it hadn't been too long: I mumbled the spell a couple of times, until I ultimately gave up, collapsing into myself on the inside. I pressed my lips into her wax forehead, before whispering into her ear:  

"Whoever did this I will find them and kill them, I promise you that you will have justice." As I promised her I stood back up noticing Elijah out of the window talking to the sheriff.