201007

ONE SHOT STARRING JEONGGUK

ONE SHOT
STARRING JEONGGUK

angels / chase atlantic

nobody told jeongguk he'll get lonely when he gets famous. of course, being an idol has its perks, but he's lonely. it is so very hard to admit even to ourselves that we are lonely - it is far easier to "invent" a myriad of problems that we buy into and encourage others to do the same.

his life is full of people showing a facade of concern for him or his success. no one actually cares. they're after his money or fame, they want exposure. they don't want him, they want the persona he created for himself. oftentimes he's scared to show the real him. he's scared they won't like it and so he stays hidden.
he's gone as far as he can on this path alone. he has learned how to walk alone, how to carry others, how to cope with and solve his problems alone. what's left is a form of loneliness that requires a lover to solve. it's the need for physical closeness, for touch, for emotional warmth from a partner in life.

to be honest, jeongguk actually thought it would be easier finding a lover once he debuts. it's totally the opposite.

he usually got sad and then alcohol came in the equation. "alcohol makes everything a little porny~", he thought.

yugyeom could smell jeongguk's breath from his seated position next to him, thick with alcohol as the maknae breathed heavily, chest heaving up and down so quick that yugyeom nearly thought the male was crying.

"yah," yugyeom tried to catch jeongguk's attention. he failed, the male was still swirling the whiskey bottle looking at the amber-like liquid.

"it's that time of the week.." jeongguk finally whispered back, although not turning to spare even a glance at his friend, "it came fast this time around"

jeongguk sat on the rotting leather chair in his dimly lit office, three ziplock tiny bags full of a green plant sprawled across the desk, even though he had no intetion of using them just yet.

yugyeom was sitting on the bed across from the chair, "gguk maybe it's time to put an end to it, seems like it's eating you alive"

the male sighed. he had given up on the whiskey bottle, and resulted into laying in a hunched position over his desk, clutching his forehead. a headache started to form.

"remember mama 2018? when me and the boys won artist of year?" he started, yugyeom hummed.

"bang pd-nim demanded us to change our phone numbers. again."

"and?"

"i lost all phone numbers, including yours" jeongguk lowly chuckled, "i had to come to jyp to get it again."