ONE

ou look absoloutly, ravishing." I grinned as I continued staring at the beauty infront of me. Her body was thin and he hair traced every curve in her back, the pale blue gown expanded from her hips, giving her legs at least eight yards of space. Gold lace trimmed the bottom of her dress and was tucked at the top of her breasts, her pale blue eyes immitated the dress, and her pale skin glowing in the large ball room, lastly, her , oh so, amazing plump, light pink lips pursed at my words.

"Thank you, your heighness. You look rather handsome yourself." She joked, knowing that she had no need to call me that. For she, was also royalty, also a good friend of mine, who I was hoping would be greater than a friend by midnight, the day I became King Edward, of Land Lotchist.

"May I have this dance?" I politely asked, releasing my hand out for her to grab.

"Why, you may." She grinned as she placed her hand into mine, accepting the offer. The golden ballroom floor twinkled at her beauty, the walls almost moving with her as she walked forward. Small, imperfect, pieces of hair fell into her face, usually a princess would remove the hair immediatly. However, she just smiled and allowed them to stay. I believe, that this is why I loved her so deeply, it didn't even come into her train of thought, that she may be upsetting a prince by not being perfect. And, oh Lord, I loved her for that. She rested her hand on my shoulder as I slid mine down to her waist. Her steps were gentle, soothing along with the orchestra.

" This is quite a large crowd here to see you tonight." She lovingly smiled as she spoke.

"I agree, although it does make me a little bit nervous." I bit my lip out of habit to sooth my nerves.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. I believe in you, you shall be an amazing king." Her eyes met mine and it felt as though we stood there for hours.

"I hope so, knowing that I am at peace with your kingdom reminds me that I shall be okay in battle." My grin faded away quikly just by the thought of war.

"Don't even think about things like that, you will have a peaceful term as king. You already explained to me how you will be neutral but trade with my kingdom, remeber?"

She asked simpitheticly.

"Ofcourse, you're right." I sighed, expanding my chest to hit hers. She rested her head onto my chest, her scent devouring me. "You are, so , beautiful." I whispered into her ear as she ruffled her head into my suit further.

  Before she had an option to conpliment me back, the orchestra stopped playing suddenly and trumpets oozed out music. "As King of Lochist, please welcome my son, Prince Edward, to the throne." The crowd became a roar of clapping and before walking to my father, I recieved a large grin from the beautiful girl beside me.

My feet paced at a rather slow speed , as I made my way up the golden stairs to meet my plump father. I rested my legs and sat down on the large purple throne signifying King as the clock struck 12. "I , here by, declare Prince Edward, as Lochist's new King!" My father shouted to the roaring crowd. "Now, King Edward, who shall be your loving Queen?"

  "Princess Abigail, of Kingdom Phaistire, shall be my new Queen." I announced happily, my eyes glazing the room, searching for Abigail's stunned face. "Princess Abigail, will you be my wife?"

  "No." Her voice echoed off the walls.

  "Pardon?" I asked, horrified.

  "No, I don't love you, nor would I like to rule your kingdom beside you." She spat, as tears began welling my eyes. "I-I" I choked on my words, this has never happened before, a king has never been rejected. My father coughed awkwardly and began speaking. "Who shall be your second choice of Queen."

"I don't have a second choice! I love Abigail, I love you Abigail!" I continued, "I can't live without you!" Abigail ran towards the main doors to exit and whispered "Then die."