THREE

"Do I have to go?" I asked Charlette uncomfortably.

"Ofcourse, it's your ceremony, you don't really have a choice."Her soft voice reminded me of my duty.

I spun around from the lavish mirror that reflected my hideous self. Charlette's hair was wonderfully braided into a delicate bun on the back of her head, curly hairs fell out of the sides of her face,lining it beautifully. Her pale skin contrasted with her dark long lashes, matching her solid brown eyes. Covering her chest was a lovely sweet heart neckline traced in golden lace, outlining the dark red covering her body. Once the cloth met her waist it puffed out merely two feet around, with gold designs of strings dancing on it. She wore gloves white as snow and held a paper fan painted as yellow as the sun.

I wore matching colors, however mine being a suit. My shirt had two long tails reaching down to the back of my knees and gold buttons were undone towards the end. My hair was pulled back by a small red bow, glimmering in the light. Charlette and I had to be matching on fancy occasions like so, my mother was from the kingdom Gistlen, and Charlette was my mothers, neice. Due to the connection, Charlette and I were always quite close. She was my kingdoms closest relation and we were supposed to be married. Although, we had settled it in a talk together, neither of us had feelings for eachother in a romantic way, only friends.

"You look very handsome."Charlette beamed a smile at me.

"And you look ravishing, honestly Charlette, if you become more beautiful every day,I can't way to see how amazing you will be tommorow." I grinned as her cheeks grew red, as if she had put on to much rouge.

"You are to kind Edward, now hurry up, you don't want to be late to your own ceremony!" She smiled excitedly and hooked her arm around my elbow.

"Shall we?"

"We shall."

With those small words we opened the large oak doors, walking towards the kingly room at a slow pace.

"Are you nervous?" Her british accent flooded the halls.

"Quite, although I should be excited. I shouldn't have anything to be very nervous about."

"Exactly, you're probably not nervous, just excited!"Her attempts to calm me down weren't working as great as they normally do.

"Here we are."I sighed, turning us left to face broad, white doors. "King Edward," She joked. "Are you ready?"

"No."

"Well, that 'tis to bad, because it's our cue to enter." Charlette happily spoke as she nodded at a silver guard to open the door.

"Goodluck." Were the last words that she had spoken to me before she ushered me into the Throne Room with her.

A long isle of purple carpet had rolled out as we wilingly stepped on it. Thousands of villagers packed the room, staring in awe as we walked down the center together.

"I love you King Edaward!"

"He's even more handsome than the townsfolke say"

"If he looks like this, then I cant wait to see his brother!"

"Horrible King."

"Can you bless my daughter, shes horribly ill!"

These were only a few things being shouted from the aggressive crowd. Charlette smiled at me simpatheticly and held my arm tighter. As we set our foot on the first golden stair, Pastor William began speaking. "King Edward, of Listchen, do you promise your soul, life, and overall self, that you will rule Listchen with pride, dignity-" I dazed him out and began sinking in my own thoughts.