Running

Laughter. That's all anyone in the area would have heard. Thankfully no one was in the woods behind Private Drive or Harry would have been screwed. His legs ached, it felt like he'd been running for hours yet all he could feel was unimaginable glee. His body shook with adrenaline, he could still feel the way it felt when the blade sunk into his family's flesh. It was so.. new. So exciting.

It had to have been four hours later that Harry lay in the grass by a quiet stream, just laughing to himself. He sounded like an angel, and, ignoring the dried, matted blood covering him, looked rather angelic too. Just a kid in the grass. After a while the laughter dwindled off and he just felt exhausted. He took off his outer clothing layers and tried to clean them in the stream. once they were rinsed out as well as he could get them, Harry hung them up on  a tree branch to dry. Next he waded into the stream and just sat. The water was up to his shoulders, but that was about as deep as it got.

It was nice to just sit there and relaxed. Relax with his thoughts, and maybe relive the murder of that morning a couple times. It was a good memory, leave him alone.

To say Albus Dumbledore was stressed was most likely the understatement of the goddamn year. All he wanted was to pick up little Harry Potter for a surprise trip to the Weasley's. Molly Weasleyhad managed to convince him to let Harry leave the Dursley's early this year. 

But what awaited him at the Dursley household was not what we expected.

"Massacred, absolutely and totally massacred Severus. Harry Potter nowhere in sight. Do you know what this means?" Albus's calm tone hide nothing of the urgency in his voice. 

"It means that the Dark Lord may have Harry potter in his grasps Headmaster." While he hid it better than his longtime mentor and colleague, Severus Snape was certainly in no better shape than his longtime mentor and colleague.

Standing from his desk, Dumbledore began to pace. While he had no particular attachment to the boy, Harry was a vital weapon in the war, the only one able to kill Voldemort once and for all.