Birthday boy

Los Angeles, 2003 (I loosely based this off of Michael's actual 45th birthday:))
Y/N's POV

I slowly made my way through the crowd, people stopping me to say hi and tell me how happy they were to be here. It was my husband's 45th birthday, and I'd thrown him a great big party - inviting fans and friends from all over the world to come celebrate the most important person in my life. I'd just spoken to a fan who I'd accidentally scared half to death as she had never expected to see her idol, or his wife, up close. But that was the point - to not have to hide behind bodyguards and whatnot, and for us, escpecially Michael, to get the full experience of a party once again. I think I'd last been in a situation like this, a normal party with normal people, more than 20 years ago, before we got married.

Anyways, I was trying to get through to the staff, as I wanted to present the cake I had made for Michael - the grandest, most beautiful and most importantly, most delicious one I could find. I really hoped he liked it.

After finding the staff, I quickly made my way up to the DJ, as they prepared to roll the cake onto the stage. "Um, hello everyone!" I spoke into the microphone, everyone looking up at me, as the music stopped. "First of all, thank you for coming, I hope you all are enjoying yourselves! Now, I'd like to see the birthday boy up here, where is he?" I asked, as I looked over the crowd, not seeing him anywhere. "I'm here babygirl" I heard him say quietly from beside me, making me jump. "Oh! You scared me!" I heard people laugh as I turned around and saw him giggling at me, and I couldn't help but smile back at him, for a moment forgetting the crowd looking at us, waiting for me to say something.

"I have a surprise for you, and I hope you'll like it. I wanted to make sure that today was perfect for you, as you are for our children and myself every other day. I love you so much, Applehead." I said and reached over to hug him, which wasn't far, as he'd taken my hand while I was speaking. The crowd aww'ed, as I pulled away from the hug and Michael grabbed my chin and kissed me."I love you too baby, so much. And today has been perfect just because you've been here." He said back so that only I heard him. Blushing, I turned back to the crowd and signalled for the cake to come in. "What's a birthday without a cake?"

The cake was spectacular, as they rolled it in, with sparklers going off. The crowd clapped as I looked at my love, his face lit up, his eyes showing pure excitement and happiness. I handed him the knife that one of the staff members gave me, and grabbed a plate of off the table beside us. "You get the first slice, my darling."

He stood still and slowly whispered to me: "Can you help me baby, I don't know... how?" Only now did I notice just how tipsy he really was, his pupils bigger than usual and his cheeks and nose all flushed, while he swayed slightly from side to side where he was standing. We'd had a couple of drinks and glasses of champagne, but, as I'd had the pleasure of experiencing before, my husband was a lightweight if there ever was one, and an American one at that. (Sorry not sorry, love your local European)

I took his hand, with the knife in, and sliced a piece for the both of us. Soon after, everyone had had a piece and was enjoying it, as the music slowly started playing again. I felt something wet on my cheek, and turned around to see Michael pointing his fork with a piece of cake on it in my face, the frosing now half gone. "Open up." He said, and fed me the piece. It really was quite good. I laughed and fed him a piece also, which he gladly accepted, then lifting his hand up to my face, wiping the frosting off of my cheek. He looked at me intensely, as I sucked the frosting off his finger. Oh no, I thought, we really don't have time for this now, with the party still going on.

Whatever thoughts we were having, which I presumed was somewhat the same, were interrupted by us getting cake thrown in our faces, Michael getting the most of it. I looked up to see Michael's brothers laughing, as Michael stood up and went over to the cake. He grabbed a big chunck with his hands - which, as I knew from experience, could hold a lot of cake - and threw it straight into Marlon's face.

Before I knew it, a full-scale food fight had broken out between the brothers, and whoever got caught in the crossfire, including myself. Once everyone was covered in cake and frosting, and there was no cake left on the table, we stopped and looked the the mess we'd made. Thankfully only a small area of the floor was covered, most of it on us. The laughing got infectious, as I felt Michael sneaking up behind me, pulling me close to him. "I think we better go *hiccup* home and sh- *hiccup* shower, don't we baby?" I looked at my wristwatch, and after wiping it of frosting, concluded that it was almost 1 am, which meant that we could, without feeling too bad about it, leave our own party. And perhaps come back without anyone noticing? No, I don't think that would work, with Michael already in this state, not including the mood he obviously was in.

I made sure to get a few towels for the  seats in the limo, seeing as we were covered in cake from head to toe, my behind escpecially, thanks to Michael. On the way home, I could hardly get him to sit somewhat still, his hands wandering all over me, as he buried his face in my neck. "You taste sweet" he mumbeled, while kissing me. "That's the cake you smeared in my face" I laughed back at him. "No, I'm sure it's just you, sugar" I giggled and gave into him.

I really couldn't help myself. I always tried to stay away from the PDA whenever people were all around us, but now we were alone in the limo, and he looked so goddamn good. With his shirt open and his dark eyes looking at me like that, his hair clinging to his face from the food fight. I thanked the heavens that the drive back to Neverland was at least another hour. I swung my leg over his and straddled him, looking into his eyes as I grinded on him, slowly, his hands gripping my waist as his mouth hung open. "I think I have one more birhday present for you, baby" I said and leaned down to kiss him.