CHAPTER 37

Rin leaned onto a boulder. her palms over her eyes.

*your in your head to much.*Eiichi's voice echoed.

"Izuna could've been dead right now."She replied.

*Rin...be honest. There's no point in lying to me or yourself.*

"Shut up!"She snapped to him. I felt my tears falling.

"This is typical." She muttered again. Always crying!

I promised myself I would cut back on it! That was a lie. I didn't give myself room to improve on it. I decided to stop doing at all. For the sake of me not looking weak.

I need to keep my composure. For Izuna..and everyone. If I'm going to help Obito.

Which means I...

Doubt came to me.

Was I just seeing things back there? I don't know. It's difficult to not think that he was reaching to kill him. She thought.

"Are you okay?"

My eyes opened, hearing that voice. I didn't dare move my hands away.

"Sasuke please. Leave me alone." Rin said softly.

Sasuke only ignored her request. He turned and placed his backside onto the boulder.

"It's no use...I know you."

"When you say you want to be left alone, you mean the opposite."

Rin raised her head from her hands. Sasuke averted his gaze to the side for a second. And looked away just as quick.

They both starred at the scenery. The sound of birds singing in the distance.

"But this time I mean it."she whispered.

Sasuke crossed his arms. A small smile coming to his face.

"Really now..."he trailed off.

"Yeah. So go."she said trying to sound as cold as possible.

Sasuke wanted to laugh. She was trying to sound like she didn't care wether he stayed or not.

"I can't."he said as he then lowered himself to the ground. Taking a seat next to her.

"You know. yesterday I couldn't get any sleep."

"I couldn't stop thinking about...Shisui...and Itachi."

"I kept getting flashbacks..you know what I mean?"he asked.

Rins bottom lip quivered. I know exactly what you mean.she thought as more tears came from the corners of her eyes.

"We're in the same boat here."

Sasuke saddened when he looked at her again.

"I don't think we are."she muttered.

"How so..."he questioned.

"I have so many things to worry about."she said.

"Izuna...Obito...and now Shisui."

"But Sasuke..."

"You can help me..."

He inhaled slowly. He knew exactly where she was going with this.

"I understand that your angry with Madara."

"But can you please find it in your heart to forgive him."I asked.

Sasuke now shut down.

That was one thing he couldn't do. His fists clenched and unclenched.

"I-"he began to say but was cut when he was in her embrace. She was standing on her knees. Her arms wrapped around his neck.and her hard laying atop of his.

"I know what he meant to you before he did what he did."

Sasuke started ahead. His hand tightening around her forearm.

"Please just...try."she whispered.

"For me."

He didn't answer. And it was a somewhat comfort for her. This was the best he could do. And that was fine for now. Sasuke lowered his eyelids,getting a somewhat guilty look. I don't think I could ever trust that man again. He thought.

Rin gave him one last squeeze before unraveling her arms around him,and sitting back down.

"You think I overreacted?"

Sasuke looked to her. He agreed strongly. But he had to lay the answer down gently.

"You had reason not to trust him...but you could've handled things a bit differently."

Rin looked disappointed In herself.

Sasuke lightly smiled,"but there's always next time."

"Whenever you feel like Izuna's in danger, tell me."

"I'll be his personal guard."

Rin returned that small smile he had, she nodded."okay I will."

Sasuke nodded, and moved his hand to the top of her forehead. Placing two fingers onto it.

Rin was taken back by his gesture. But it was comforting. What a relief. She thought as she tackled him in another hug.

"What would I do without you!"

Sasuke's going to do his part!Obito to! I just have to get Madara to do his! Even Karin! She'll be one of us! I'll make sure of it! We'll all be happy again!

Rin had now a humbled look. That means...she sighed.

After Sasuke managed to calm Rin down. They both of them headed back towards everyone else. Obito walked alongside Madara, "You really think it was okay to let him live?" Madara rolled his eyes internally.

"If Rin would have seen that she'd have a tantrum and probably end up despising you for the rest of your life." He said.

Obito took a deep breath,"yeah I'm sure you would like that."he replied.

Izuna kept quiet. He walked a few feet behind them with Karin by his side.

"Hey...don't be angry...it's no use staying like this when you can't do anything about it." Karin said placing his hand on his shoulder.

Izuna looked to her giving her a small smile. He nodded.

She returned it.

"You know...you can maybe try talking to Rin like you do to me."he said.

Karin lost her smile and looked away.

"I don't wanna be friends with that emotional and overly dramatic woman."

Izuna let out a laugh,"overly dramatic?"he asked.

Karin nodded,"oh come on. You can't tell me doesn't act way out of proportion...Not to mention she's obsessed with your older brother."she whispered the last part.

"And what's the deal with the third eye? It's creepy."she questioned.

Izuna looked back ahead.

"You should really get to know her. She's a wonderful friend to have."he said softly.

Izuna felt discouraged...and stupid...pathetic. But as of now. He declared he wouldn't voice this matter to anyone. Not even Madara...that promise he made him do long ago was now broken.

In the distance, the four of them saw Rin and Sasuke. All of them looked confused when she walked past and grabbed Madaras hand pulling him along with her."this will only take a second."she said to him.

"Rin?!"he said with confusion.

She paused when she saw Izuna. She made a sad face to him,he gave her a serious look. Rin slightly bowed," I'm sorry."she said and continued to walk the opposite direction.

Sasuke stopped next to Obito.

"I told her it wasn't a good idea,but she's gonna go apologize for her behavior."