Chapter 1: Logan Pov

It was a cool Friday afternoon. I was walking home from my job as a teacher. Since I lived a few blocks away I walked to the school and walked back home. As I was walking home I was ran into by an interesting character.

“Im sssorry sssir I didn't mean t-to” The man said helping me up.

“It is alright,” I said dusting my pants off.

“Things happen” I said looking at the man.  He looked scared and looked wounded.

“Are you okay? You look wounded” He looked at me surprised.

“N-no I’m fine” He said, kinda shaking.

“Are you sure?” 

“Yesss I’m fine sssir” He was playing with the end of his shirt.

Why was he wearing just a shirt it’s 50 degrees out? I took my jacket off and handed it to him.

“At least take my jacket you look cold” He took the jacket and put it on.

“Thank you sssir” He said with a half smile. 

“It is no problem Mr.?”

“Oh just call me… Dee” He looked anxious when telling me his name.

“Hello Dee my name is Logan” I said with a smile to hopefully put him more at ease. 

“Nice to meet you Logan but I must get going” He said looking behind his back.

Is he being followed? Is he in danger?

“Would you like a ride to where you're going?” I asked hoping he said yes.

“I’m not really going anywhere I’m just” He mumbled what he said after that.

“I’m sorry I didn’t quite catch what you said toward the end could you repeat what you said?”

“I sssaid I’m just trying to get away from sssomeone” He said looking at the ground now.

“If you need a place to stay you could as what the kids say these days. Crash at my place for the night” He looked at me with confusion but relive.

“Thank you Logan I would like that” 

“My place is just a block away, shall we get going?”

“Mhm” He said standing next to me and we were on our way.