Ch. 7: Chasing the Devil's Tail

Hayley and Aiden came to the loft to talk.

Hayley was looking for Jackson. She had found him, but Oliver had died. 

"Where is your alpha?" I asked. 

Hayley sighed. "Unavailable." 

"So, you brought Junior Varsity?" Marcel asked. "You know, I'm getting a little tired of you using my place as a den for wayward wolves."

"Well, it was just that we were going to, uh, take down Finn Mikaelson today, and considering how he treated your vampires, I assumed that you two would want in on the bloodbath," Hayley told us.

I was interested. "I'm listening." 

Hayley and Aiden sat down across from us.

"Well..." Aiden trailed off, clearing his throat. "It's not gonna be easy. He's surrounded by a pack of juiced up wolves. He doesn't have a weakness."

"He does, actually," Marcel told us, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "And, I have her on speed dial."

Hayley and Aiden looked at him in confusion. 

"He's got a thing for Cami," I explained.

"Klaus will go ballistic if we get Cami involved in this," Hayley told us.

"Klaus ain't here," I told her. "And Cami? Well, she's got this thing about people telling her what she can and can't do." Marcel called her, putting his phone to his ear. I looked at Hayley. "I trust you, of all people, understand." 

Hayley chuckled.

**

Cami had tricked Finn into going on a date with her.

Aiden, Hayley, Josh, Marcel and I were in the loft, outlining the plan to take him down.

Aiden smoothed out a map on the coffee table. "Cami said Vincent wants to meet at Preservation Hall. But, he won't be unprotected." He pointed to different spots on the map. "There will be wolves positioned here and here." 

Marcel pointed at a different location on the map. "Can we keep this alley open?" 

Aiden nodded.

"All right, I'll wait there and rip Vicent's head off," Hayley told us.

"Nah, he'll body jump," I told her. 

Cami walked in with a file box of stuff. "Vincent's head stays on. He'll have a hard time answering questions without it." 

Cami opened the box. 

"Sweet, it's a big box of dusty old junk," Josh told us sarcastically. "We're saved."

Aiden couldn't help a smile. 

I started to go through the box.

Cami laughed. "They're dark objects my uncle left for me. I've been cataloging them according to Kieran's notes. As far as I can tell, these can be used against witches specifically." 

I pulled out a pair of chains out of the box.

"Kinky," Hayley said.

Josh laughed. 

"Ah, I remember these," I told them. "A hundred years ago, the Human Faction waged a war against the Voodoo Queens. They had a traitor spell these manacles. Slap them on a witch, they can't do magic as long as they're on."

I set the chains back into the box.

"All right, we're not gonna get the handcuffs of doom on him while he's surrounded by a werewolf entourage," Josh told us.