Prologue

The unhatched dragonet was in her egg. All the dragonet saw were barriers in her way, a darkness she would have to overcome. She pounded on the shell, making the egg shake. But the little genius mind of hers saw a way out into the world. The dragonet found a crack, put her tiny claws in, and opened the shell. 

She slowly unfurled her deep purple wings, her little black eyes darted across the open sky. She saw two giant, glowing circles in the sky, it gave her a comforting warmth to look at them. She looked to her right, she saw the outline of two dragons. One was as black as night, while the other was just slightly visible, blending into the trees behind.

 Voices entered her mind, too many. She focused on the best one, which was the only one that wasn't murmuring with worry. That voice was calm. That voice was the best in the world. 

Suddenly, a voice said "Deathbringer, what do we call her?" "Hmmm...how about Glory Jr.?" A voice responded, and the dragonet's little mind clicked, that dragon was named Deathbringer. "Seriously? That's all you could think of?" That dragon was the same voice that first started the conversation. 

Something caught the dragonet's eye. It was enchanting, it was a flickering, glowing, black and yellow bug. She swatted at it. It flew with ease out of her reach. The dragonet growled, determined to bring down that smug little insect. She jumped up on her hind legs, but lost her balance, and fell into a dragon's talons.

"Looks like she's interested in that firefly." The voice said. "That's it.. we'll call her Firefly!" The same voice said with excitement, without that dull tone that seemed to be hypnotic. "Welcome to the rainforest, Firefly. I'm your mother." 

Hello, Mother. I have so many questions. But I'll wait.