Chapter 1

Bucky's Pov

I walked around the empty apartment I called a home, pacing thoughtlessly on the wooden floorboards. I did this a lot lately, it usually helped me regain my memories from before I became the terrible winter soldier. However, today I could think of nothing but all of those people I killed as that... that monster.

"I was brainwashed" I would tell myself, but that doesn't excuse all of the terrible things I have done.

I heard my stomach begin to rumble, so I decided to get some food from the kitchen. Unsurprisingly, there was nothing in the fridge, or in the cupboards, as when I go to the markets I buy the bare minimum. It's hard to keep a low profile when you're carrying too many shopping bags.

Grabbing my baseball cap and gloves, I headed over to the markets downtown. I really needed to get some food.

When I reached the markets, I walked directly towards the fruit stall where I saw the sweet, old Romanian lady, who always saves me the freshest plums.

"Did you know" she said to me the first time we met "plums help people with amnesia to get their memories back"

"Well then, I'll take six!!" I replied. That was a year ago.

Now, I cant come to the markets without buying some plums from her.

No matter how much I tried to ignore it, I couldn't help but notice the strange look I was getting from the man at the kiosk over the road. I walked over to him and took a quick downwards glance at the newspapers he was selling. There was a picture of ME on the front page, I didnt read the whole article, but it was trying to say that I had bombed the headquarters of the united nations.

"WHAT!!", I said aloud. I looked around, extremely confused. How many people had seen this newspaper? This wasn't true? What was going on? All I knew for sure was that I had to get back to my apartment, my sad, empty, drab apartment.