Chapter 2

Although, I knew I would just draw more attention to myself, I ran home as fast as my legs would carry me, if it hadn't been for that serum, hydra had injected me with, I would never have been able to run as far as I did, or as fast as I did. As I neared my front door, I slowed down to catch my breath, the door was open.

Why was the door OPEN?!? I began to panic, taking a deep breath I peered slowly around the door.

Steve's POV

Finally, I found my best friend, he may have bombed the United Nations, but I still found him and in any case, I don't think it was really him. Why would he do something like that if he's trying to keep a low profile?

"What have you been up to Buck?" I whispered to myself as I walked quietly around Bucky's apartment. Before I even realized it, I had picked up his journal and began reading it.

"What are you doing in my apartment?" I heard a deep, yet familiar voice mumble from behind me. It startled me and I dropped the diary, which remained open in the middle of the floor.

I turned around slowly to see the man the voice belonged to, "do you know me?" I asked.

He stared at me for what must have been at good 5 seconds, before replying, "You're Steve. I read about you in a museum." He looked very uncomfortable... and very confused.

"They've set the perimeter." I heard Sam yell through the coms.

I knew Bucky, and I know that he knew me too, "I know you're nervous. And you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying."

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore."

"They're entering the building." Sam told me.

"Well, the people who think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive."

"That's smart. Good strategy."

"They're on the roof. I'm compromised." Sam shouted.

Great, Sam was compromised, Bucky didnt seem to want to listen to me and there were armed police running up the stairs from the ground floor and down the stairs from the roof. We were surrounded.

Bucky's POV

Steve was staring at me, deeply, intensely, part of me knew who he was, and part of me had no idea.

"This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck." He told me. It made me a little uncomfortable that he called me Buck after I had tried to kill him just a few short years earlier.

"It always ends in a fight."

"You pulled me from the river. Why?"

"I don't know."

"Yes, you do."

Before I even had time take a breath, a police officer slammed a battering ram against my door. People were attacking from the window, which I shielded myself from using my mattress. I blocked the door with a table as more cops came swinging in on cables. Steve pulled a rug from underneath one of the policemen, sending him flying into the wall as I pushed another police officer against the same wall.

Steve looked right at me, an extremely worried look on his face, "Buck, stop! You're gonna kill someone." He screamed at me.

I threw him down onto the wooden floor and punched a hole into the floorboards, just inches from his head. "I'm not gonna kill anyone." I fired back at him, grabbing the backpack I have hidden for emergencies and throwing it out of the window.

Steve and I ducked down behind his shield to avoid gunfire as I shoved him to knock over one of the police officers. Holding up my metal arm to repel the bullets flying towards me, I used my free hand to push an officer into some shelves.

* * *
T

hankyou to everybody who has started reading my story, I am very grateful, the fight scene was cut short because it would've taken a very long time to write out and I want to get to writing the Y/N part. However, the next chapter will be just after Bucky jumps out of the window, so if you want to see the rest of the fight scene it is in Captain America: Civil War.