Chapter I: The Diary

I am Michelin Froster, a 16 year teenager who discovered something which should not have been found. Ever since that day I learned about that thing, I have not been myself. I am frightened to the inner core of my heart. I wish I never went to my uncle's house that day.

Ever since I was a small boy, I used to go to my uncle's house a lot. Uncle was a very frank and funny man who always visited lots of different places. I always had fun with him and he would bring me many souvenirs every time he came back from a different place. He also used to tell me about his adventures and the places that he had been to. He was a very nice person to me. He was my greatest role model. But, for some reason, there was a rumor in my family saying that he was a psychopath. My parents had warned me to stay alert around him and didn't like it when I went to his house.

A week ago, I decided to go to my uncle's house to have some fun. He was abroad during that time and I used a spare key that he had given me to enter his house. I went to his basement and started looking and playing with different things that he had brought from different places. They were really interesting and anybody who went there could tell how big of a collector my uncle was. I was just playing around, when I thought I felt something was below me. I lifted the carpet and sure enough there was a trap door over there.

Curiosity got the best of me and I went down using a ladder that was already fixed there. It was really dark inside that room. I could barely see anything and finally got near the place where the light switch was. I turned on the lights and saw that this place was like a big library. There were big many selves of books all over the place and there was a chair and a desk in the middle of the room. I went to the bookshelves and picked a random book. I flipped the pages and they were all books relating to topics like psychopaths, murders, crimes and mysteries. 

These were really strange books and I could feel my instinct telling me that something was very wrong. Not being able to figure out anything, I went to the desk where there was a diary. The moment I looked at the diary, I was scared. I seemed like every of its pages were stained with blood. I could not tell how this much blood was collected. I flipped the pages of the diary with shaking hands and legs and started studying it. It seemed like it was the diary of my uncle. For some reason, I had a feeling that I will never be able to turn back after learning what resides in the diary.

After each and every page I flipped through, I could feel horror and despair taking over me. Finally with the little courage I had left, I finished reading the diary. At first I thought that it was just a joke. Everything written in it was nothing more than imagination and creativity. But, this thought that I had changed immediately after I found a photo at the last page of the diary. There was a single photo where I could see a person tied to a chair one eye missing, one leg cut, and blood all over the place and one person standing behind him with a smile on his face. It was my uncle. Only seeing the photo made my stomach feel like it had turned upside down.

So, according to the diary I had read and the photo I had seen, I could tell that the rumors about my uncle being a psychopath was true and also that he was a murderer who had already tortured and murdered people in a lot of different places. The things that he brought home to add to his collection was nothing more than the things of the person who he had murdered.

I was really frightened, so I made the things in that place as it was when I had arrived and went to the basement. I closed the trap door and hurried to my house after locking up. Just reading those stories in his diaries and seeing the picture told me how dangerous my own uncle was. I needed to be careful and act like nothing had happened.

My uncle is finally coming back today and I had prepared myself to face him even though I was scared out of my wits. I knew that if he finds out that I know he is a murderer, then he will torture and kill me like he had done to those all who were in his diary. If he finds out then I will also become a story in his diary on what I was like before dying.

Then I remembered the one and only mistake I had made. The mistake that could cost me my life. I had forgotten to close the lights in that room.