CHAPTER 2

King Alans Pov.

I was at another meeting with the officials of our kingdom and it seems that we will have to prepare for the attack from the rebel groups that has been attacking the kingdom. As the king of the Azure kingdom, I have to resolve these kinds of problems for the people.

After the meeting I went to the hallway with my guards following me until we reached the door through the room. When the guards opened it for me, I immediately saw my wife with Lia.

My two angels are already together I said with a smile while walking towards them and gave my wife a kiss on the lips.

Brother! Lia called then gave me a hug then I hugged her back.

What did you two talked about? I asked but the both of them just giggled.

Its a secret Lia said with a smile.

Claire? I called Claire to tell me but she just giggled at me.

Im sorry Alan but it just stays between us Claire said with a smile.

Claire and Lia giggled at me but I just gave a curious look and scratch my back. While the three of us were talking the door opened again only this time one of the guards walked towards me.

Your Highness the General is back The Guard said.

Great, tell him meet us at the garden I replied smiling.

Ok, we need to go now I said with a smile.

While walking Lia waved us goodbye as we leave the room, after we left the room Claire and I walked through the hallway to the stairs until we reached the garden, upon reaching our destination I saw two man standing in front of the shed.

Your Highness He said with a bow.

Liam, your back so soon? I told you that you can rest for a while I asked tapping his back while hugging him.

I cant just leave all the work to the others while Im on vacation He said which made me smile a bit.

Liam Wescott is my trusted knight and adviser, Liam and I are best friends and childhood friends, weve known each other since we were kids. Liam first came in the palace when he was 10 years old to work in the castle thats when I met him we werent that close at first but after getting to know each other we became friends but Liam often goes home, Lia was young back then so she doesnt remember much about Liam. Liam has been by my side even when our parents the king and the queen died on their journey, I have to take over the throne at a young age. I was engaged to Claire back then but I already love her, Liam was still by my side until me and Claire got married. I trust not just as my adviser but as my friend, he never left my side.

Welcome back Liam Claire greeted with a smile.

Thank you, your highness Liam replied back with a smile.

Whos this man with you? I asked pointing at the young man behind him.

Im Peter Wescott from the Embler village, its an honor to meet you, your highness The young man said stepping in front with a bow.

Wescott? I asked.

This is my younger brother, your highness Liam said which came to my surprise.

Its a pleasure to meet you Peter, so what is it that you wanted to tell me? I asked.

I want to work for you, your highness He said with a serious look.

Well, if youre Liams brother then I have no doubt on your capabilities but may I ask why you want to work for me I asked.